3 year old just diagnosed

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: bigvern, admin

3 year old just diagnosed

Postby Wickla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi Folks,
My 3 and a half year old daughter has just been diagnosed with high positive result TMAU. I had noticed the problem since she was a baby but until the proper diagnosis we had hoped it was related to a problem with constipation that she has had since she was a baby. My biggest concern for her is obviously that as she grows into an adult her life will be awfully difficult in school and college etc. I remember myself how hard it was as a teenager (barely!). As parents my wife and I will be doing everything to insure that we can alleviate the condition in any way. I am of the opinion that we will feed her everything we can now at an early age and to hell with the smell, get as many nutrients into her as possible. I, by nature, am a worrier and am very upset at the thoughts of her future, but like everything as I educate myself with the condition and take positive actions I am hoping that my worries will lessen a little. I just thought I would leave this note here today to say that finding this forum last night was the first step in that process and to read some of the fantastic testimonies and stories of sufferers of this condition has definitely made me realise this is not the end of the world. Thanks for reading the post and I’m sure I will be on again soon to give or receive advice and encouragement. Paul
Wickla

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!