Help needed.

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Help needed.

Postby dave » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:31 am

Hello
I am new to the forum. I am yet to be diagnosed for TMAU2, I am still awaiting my teat result. However, I can relate and have experienced what many people havedescribed. I came across this forum in my seach for answers.
I currently take Chlorophyll, Activated Charcoal, Digestive Enzymes (all 3 times a day) as well as probiotic (20 billion 2 times per day). Having cut out many things from my diet, I still struggle to minimise or control the odour. I have an apple for breakfast, carrot sticks for lunch (Sainsburys meal deal pack) and dinner can either be salad or carrot and sweet pepper soup or potato, parsnip and celery soup with small pieces of chicken and carrot soup. On Fridays / weekend I very my diet slightly which can included white rice, spaghetti but still very limited in food choice. I also have white bread toast with egg white omelette. I recently discovered that the bread I have been eating contains soya flour.

I drink about 2litres of water a day, and aslo 3 - 4 cups of peppermint tea.

I use Sebamed shower gel and body lotion.

Has anyone been able to successfully manage this condition?
If so, what medication do you use? What food do you eat?

Any advice shared will be greatly appreciated.
dave

Re: Help needed.

Postby bigvern » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi Dave, welcome, its a long road to manage the condition on an individual basis, certain things work for some and not others,, but you are trying so well done for that

If you get diagnosed some people get relief from cyclign antibiotics;, neomycin, metronidazole and another that I cant recall at the moment.. metronidazole seems to help for me.

Its a steep learning curve, theres plenty of info on the forum and the main site and the search function works ok on the forum, eg type in metronidazole and youll get quite a few posts.
I tried probitoics but didn't seem to help in my case....

Stress seemed to be a big precursor for me...sh1t though it is, condition causes you stress and then stress makes it worse, you couldn't make it up...

Good luck mate.
bigvern

Re: Help needed.

Postby dave » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:13 am

Hi bigvern

Thank you for your response. It just seems a long wait for the result

I have recently introduced Riboflavin (B2 vitamin) into my list of supplements.

I hope to find something that works.

Any advice on food to eat / try?
dave

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!