Secondary TMAU is curable?

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Secondary TMAU is curable?

Postby hopefullysmellfree » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:09 pm

So here (http://tmau.org.uk/index.php/directions ... at-is-tmau) according to Dr N Manning secondary aquired tmau is curable?

Therapy

Treatment of both TMAU1 and TMAU2 is based on diet to restrict the sources (precursors) of TMA (eg choline) and antibiotics (eg metranidazole, neomycin or amoxicillin) to eliminate the TMA-producing bacteria. TMAU2 can in fact be cured by eradication of the excess bacteria, although stubborn colonies may regrow to excess and require further courses of treatment.

So if someone has "normal" fm03 but the gut is producing to much tma it is curable? I mean this is coming from a Qualified Dr?
hopefullysmellfree

Re: Secondary TMAU is curable?

Postby Mermadia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm pretty sure tmau type 2 is curable but I'm not a doctor, if more research was done, I know an antibiotic that actually gave me two weeks without any symptoms was rifloaxmin the one that is prescribed for travellers diarohea, only trouble was that a week later my symptoms came back with a vengeance, more and more people are beginning to realise that this is not something you can just wash away, another thing is I've been told I have a longer than normal bowel which is common in tall people so this may be a reason why bacteria can multiply easily
Mermadia

Postby PoetFire » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:42 pm

yes TMAU2 on it's own is 'curable'. It's meant to be that the person ONLY has a gut bacteria problem, which should in theory be eradicated.
TMAU1 means the person has a GENETIC FMO3 weakness of some level.
Personally I think many people might be a mix of TMAU1 and 2, with the TMAU1 being a mild genetic fault that then drags the gut into a TMAU2 situation.
In theory anyone with just tmau2, or mild tmau1 cases who also have tmau2, should be able to get out the risk zone.
PoetFire

Postby hopefullysmellfree » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:35 am

PoetFire wrote:yes TMAU2 on it's own is 'curable'. It's meant to be that the person ONLY has a gut bacteria problem, which should in theory be eradicated.
TMAU1 means the person has a GENETIC FMO3 weakness of some level.
Personally I think many people might be a mix of TMAU1 and 2, with the TMAU1 being a mild genetic fault that then drags the gut into a TMAU2 situation.
In theory anyone with just tmau2, or mild tmau1 cases who also have tmau2, should be able to get out the risk zone.

Im going to the GP this week to really push for a diagnoses since im pretty much wasting my life away atm. I have a degree to put to use and feel useless doing nothing. Hopefully the type I have is curable or at least managble to the point were i don't smell.
hopefullysmellfree

Return to general tmau topics