Advice Please

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Advice Please

Postby sal » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello, can anyone please offer any advice?
I am really restricting my diet to salted crisps, carrots, cucumber, pepper and the occasional jacket potato. No butter, tiny bit of cheese (feta) and a crumpet. I stink, today mostly of ammonia. I've tried every supplement, antibiotics, charcoal with some improvement but the smell never goes. Work is horrendous, really stressful work, coupled with HUGE open plan office and some loud, indirect comments from a few general nurses in the building!
sal

Re: Advice Please

Postby idealist » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:29 pm

I know your asking about your diet but I was wondering if you have spoken to the people you have worked with and explained your condition? It may help and even if you have you may want to try again.

Diet can be a trial and error thing and different things may work for different people. Have you thought about seeing a Chinese herbalist? They are quite controversial as many of their Medicine has animals in it but they can prove to be effective.

I have to say that I found eating popcorn (made on the stove with no butter/sugar etc) beneficial and eating easy to digest foods/meals and eating before 4.30pm... But different strokes for different folks!

Hope things easy up for you soon ;)
idealist

Postby sal » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi Idealist,
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try the pop corn and will consider a herbalist. Have you tried one with any success?
In regards to work I have an interview for a new job in the next few weeks so hopefully I get it and move on.
:)
sal

Postby Lisa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Good luck with the interview Sal, let us know how you get on. x
Lisa

Postby idealist » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi Sal,

No I have not visited a Chinese herbalist because many (not all) use many rare and endangered species . I know many people who have gone to them and it has worked so there's definitely something to it. However, I also know people who have taken other medication that had not been prescribed by either a Chinese herbalist or a western doctor. They have bought something online and it has cured them of their illness. I have mentioned somewhere on this site before that I had a neighbour who had an illness I can't remember if it was cancer but it was something like threatening and she bought medicine online which I've put the name somewhere but I can't remember where. Anyway,she went back to the doctor 6 months later and she was cured. There is a cure for everything it's just whether we have discovered it or it may have not been developed.

I'm sure you will find something but in the meantime I guess it's about learning how to manage and maintain which sounds as if that's what you're trying to do. Good luck with your interview :D

I hope you do inform them about your condition because you may find it more excruciating in the long term but I'm sure everything will work out just fine.
idealist

Postby sal » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Think I'll give it a miss!
Thanks for the support and I'll update after the outcome of the interview.
Doe's anyone else manage to work and not get stressed? If so what's your secret?
sal

Postby Lisa » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Sal,

Re work, my secret?

I work outside in the wind, rain, sun, snow, and I love it!

Smell? What smell? ;)
Lisa

Postby sal » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Bliss! :mrgreen:
I have two dogs and an allotment. Great to be outside, I feel so much better.
Hopefully I get the new job and work in the community. 18 months to very early retirement and counting! :D
sal

Postby sal » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:16 pm

I got the job, so hopefully that will help no end.

:D
sal

Postby sweatybetty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:04 am

Congratulations Sal

Hope the job in the community provides more control over your work environment to help with the stress of managing this condition!

Well done on achieving this whilst trying to manage diet and TMAU!
sweatybetty

Next

Return to Diet