what type of jobs?

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Re: what type of jobs?

Postby idealist » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi all,

Am self employed and have been for a few years now. I initially became employed due to this condition even though I have not been diagnosed with TMAU. Nevertheless, it prompted me to start working for myself. I have now received a letter from tax credit's asking for further information/evidence, and one of the questions is why did I start self-employment?

Should I state that the real reason why I started (because of this condition) or should I be generic and put what I think they want me to say?
idealist

Postby Lisa » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Hi Idealist,

Be honest, rather you self employed than unemployed, you have nothing to hide/ be ashamed of. x

:)
Lisa

Postby idealist » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks Lisa,

Your a Godsend to this site :D

Yeah, I am hoping to come off working tax credit as I am considering leaving the UK in 2017. However, I need to make sure everything is in place before I leave ... I need to know I'll be okay ahead of time ;)

I hope the evidence I provide is enough if not I may wind up unemployed :?

I hope everything is going well with you.
idealist

Postby Lisa » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi Idealist,

Thank you for your comment, I'm not really, just trying to help, manners cost nothing as my Nan would say.

Leaving the UK? I wish you well in your new venture.

I'm doing ok thank you, good days, bad days, the same as the world I suppose.

I hope you do well your self employment, you are getting on with things, which is good for yourself esteem, stimulus etc.

Don't be a stranger, pop in and say Hello from time to time.

Take good care of yourself, I wish you all the best. x
Lisa

Postby idealist » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Thanks again,

All sorted for now :D

If I do go, it won't be for a while, and almost everywhere has Internet connection. Although, I've hardly been on here. I wonder what's become of the people who uses to post a few years back (the good old days lol)?

X
idealist

Postby Nika » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:07 pm

I know, it seems crazy.. But I'm actually studying biochemistry and going to be a biochemist.
Maybe it's a motivation for someone, too. I'm really happy about my choice. :)
Nika

Postby sacrosanct » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:48 pm

Just thought I'd throw in my two penneth.

ATM I am a final year PhD student in microelectronics and semiconductor physics. I also work in the automotive electronics industry.

I find it hard to work in offices. That being said I have worked in offices for extended periods. I usually explain my condition and people turn from nasty to understanding, but they still cannot really sit next to me for long periods of time. I don't blame them. It is what it is.

At the moment I am coding in a warehouse, where I'm pretty isolated, but I just throw on some tunes and get by :-)
sacrosanct

Postby IreneMartinez » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:17 am

sacrosanct wrote:Just thought I'd throw in my two penneth.

ATM I am a final year PhD student in microelectronics and semiconductor physics. I also work in the automotive electronics industry.

I find it hard to work in offices. That being said I have worked in offices for extended periods. I usually explain my condition and people turn from nasty to understanding, but they still cannot really sit next to me for long periods of time. I don't blame them. It is what it is.

At the moment I am coding in a warehouse, where I'm pretty isolated, but I just throw on some tunes and get by :-)

My brother has been diagnosed with TMAU. He´s 23 right now, completely depressed, isolated from people, not willing to look for any kind of job in the office. I feel like it´s unfair, I´m his sister by he´s the only one who was diagnosed with the syndrome. We have tried everything, I guess. I can see that you have learned to take the things as they are. What was your motivation? I´m trying to talk to my brother, explain to him he´s not the only one in the world who suffers from TMAU, there are people who live with it, have a good job, have friends. He would never listen to me.. he´s sure I can´t understand him and I think he´s right. He needs to talk to someone like you. I asked him to register in here but, of course, he refused.
IreneMartinez

Previous

Return to general tmau topics