Losing hope

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Re: Losing hope

Postby Oneneo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Trying to pick up... I had an important event this week, and in the run up I allowed myself to believe this illness was all in my head like the doc and family members tell me .. anyway it didn't go well for me as usual and now I'm spiralling.. I put a lot of expectation into a another new venture in my life and this condition has ruined a new start... I can be a positive person, I just feel defeated again. Its coming up to 30 years of this, WTF right?

Peace
Oneneo

Postby Lisa » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Off to bed now, so will address you comment tomorrow, but, out of curiosity what do you eat?
Lisa

Postby idealist » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Just reading this and I hope things get better. It's a difficult one, the things you want to end stay ,and the things you want in your life are removed (or were never presented in the first place). Life is odd!

x
idealist

Postby Oneneo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:19 am

Hi, whoever it is working for admin, thank you for posting the links and the kind offer to accompany me to my appointment, I'm a bit out of your reach to be honest, but I appreciate the support anyway.

Is anyone aware of milder forms of TMAU? Or any other conditions that cause bad breath and body odour. Is it just TMAU that causes these symptoms?
Oneneo

Postby Oneneo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Its dawned on me... if I get diagnosed TMAU type 1 or 2 or whatever or I get the all clear.. I'm still in this predicament... an outcast. Actually,I should be accepting the curse, and stop being hopeful of a normal life and give up on my ambitions. I think thats whats killing me, constant failure in life. Trying to play by normal peoples standards... I can never measure up to that.

wish you all good luck
Oneneo

Postby Lisa » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Bit of tough love coming your way. :shock:

You are not an outcast, you will be if you treat yourself that way.
First & foremost you need a diagnosis, then you can move on.
You can have a "normal" life, your life will be what you make it, if you do have TMAU, it can be managed, along with diet, Abit of tweaking here n there and you will get what you want, you do not have to give up your ambitions, if you want them, you will strive to get them, regardless.
Personally, I think you are building yourself up for disappointment, don't, you have to change your mindset, maybe some CBT, therapy?
I apologise if I sound harsh, I don't mean to, but stop knocking yourself down, you will have good days & bad days, everybody does, things could be a lot worse, believe me.
Have faith in yourself, baby steps towards your new ventures, one day at a time.

We are all in the same boat on here, we get you, most of us have felt exactly the same, I was ready to throw in the towel last week, but I rode thru it, and you will too. We only have one life, let's live it.

Fuck other people, what the hell as your life got to do with them? ( Sorry for the language)

Come on Oneneo, prove all the doubters- haters- arseholes wrong!!!!!!

I don't know you, but, I DO believe you can achieve your goals, I really do.
Lisa

Postby Pebble » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:20 pm

What area do you live in oneneo? It might help if you chat to someone ?
Pebble

Postby RareBiology » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Hey to all of you!

I thank God for all of you that keep supporting others to at least get up one more day. I love that about you all because it gives me the strength to pushing another day. As for the brave woman who is thinking about throwing in the towel. I hope you read this message. My name is Neta, I am only 21. I am an African american woman who has a hard time fitting in to society because of the stereotypes associated with the color of my skin. Imagine smelling bad on top of that, you could only imagine my grief. But because I do not want to die yet, I ignore it all. Oh I know I smell like a donkey, but when people meet me they better not test me! Because I have had it with their uneducated comments! I am certain you have to and do not want to die yet. There is a movement happening. People are starting to speak up so please wait a bit longer for us because I will find the way. God has already made the way, so just believe. We all have been closing down on a lot of theories people have. I personally am going to use my own body, money, family, and whatever friends I have left to figure this out. I need you to stay with us because you matter to me. The community! Your life, your story. They matter!
RareBiology

Previous

Return to getting diagnosed