Losing hope

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Losing hope

Postby Oneneo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:59 pm

To those of you 'lucky' enough to have found a partner in life, willing to tolerate this mysterious and anti social illness and still stick with you, I'm asking, what's your secret? I'm getting close to 30 years of suffering this curse and I'm about ready to throw in the towel..if I had any kind of support from a loving relationship, I believe I would have a stronger resolve. I've been trying to build a life for myself from under this stink for too long and I'm exhausted with the negativity, rejection and isolation. Constantly being undermined and judged, and the habitual humiliation has worn my soul down... The GP's constant resistance to diagnose and treat my condition has now driven me to this point.. I want to die... I do not blame my persecutors or anyone who purposely humiliated me, but I am blaming the GP 's who have openly dismissed my concerns and made light of my situation...These 'gate keepers' have driven me to this decision to take my life.. They'll sleep conscience free.. They're trained to leave their souls outside the treatment room.. no compassion or understanding of this illness.. And these people are our only hope for answers.
Oneneo

Re: Losing hope

Postby Lisa » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Oneneo,

Where are you? Are you in England?

I know how you feel, am having a few bad days myself at the moment, and, like you, can see no end, BUT, I know this won't last, I will feel better, because I have felt like this before and come thru it, and you will do the same, although it might not feel like it right now, this minute, this hour, this day.

Please reply to me, as soon as you can, on here, or thru a PM.

You are NOT alone. x
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Are you on Facebook?

We are waiting for you, Lou Swing. (Me)

Claire Rhodes. x
Lisa

Postby Bailey14 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi there. I too have felt the way you do just now. I was diagnosed about two years ago after endless trips to gp etc. although dismayed at diagnosis it gave me something to work on. I can hand on heart say I am having good days. I never thought that would happen. The support on here is invaluable. You can pm me for private chat anytime. Please hang in there because it will get better.
Bailey14

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:54 pm

I don't know if your in uk but please self refer yourself to italk look it up it will give you a number to ring and it will explain what it is ,next go to an understanding gp tell them you are struggling and have the right to a referall etc for tests you need ,please never ever give up hope you are a beautiful soul that is in a cocoon waiting to emerge into a butterfly,no one has the right to judge you untill they walk a day in your shoes ,we are all here for you tmau will not define us we smell so what so does everyone no ones poop is smelling like roses hold your head high you have every right to live
beautifulsoul39

Postby Oneneo » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:24 pm

I appreciate the concern. You all get it. I've got one last appointment set up with my GP, I'm going to tell them I'm at the end of my tether with it all... Sorry if I disturbed anyone I just had to yell out.. Kind of you all to respond
Oneneo

Postby Lisa » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Not at all, so long as you are ok.

Print off all the info you can get and take it with you, if he's still not convinced you can have my phone number, tell him to ring me.

Please don't give up, we have all been there, now we are here for you.

Offers still open if you want to make friends on FB.

Take care of yourself, let us know how you get on. x
Lisa

Postby admin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Your GP can use the contact form on the website to email me if they want and I will give them the relevant information and advice to help.

About once a week I get enquiries from GPs after patients go in, many want further info and I suspect just want to confirm its a real website advising about a real disease.

It may be useful to print out http://www.tmau.org.uk/index.php/what-is-tmau and http://www.tmau.org.uk/index.php/getting-tested

You can literally highlight the author and where they work, some GPs (from my experience) will place more weight on evidence from fellow professionals.

Be assertive and take someone with you if you can, if you live in Carlisle by some miracle I'll go with you!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Lisa » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi Oneneo

Hope you are feeling a little better today?
Last edited by Lisa on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Got it! Replied.
Lisa

Next

Return to getting diagnosed