Quite sure I've got TMAU

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Quite sure I've got TMAU

Postby Joelio5 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:50 pm

Ok like alot of you no one has directly said to me 'you stink', but ive had countless backhanded comments most recent one is 'Joels in the house' haha. I've overheard people talking about me loads too. this issue has been going on for about 4 years, well 4 years which ive been aware of, i get paranoid about it but i wouldnt say im depressed im quite a hard skinned person, but i cant completely rule it out being in my head. Im extremely hygenic though.

my girlfriends ive had said they cant smell it, and other girls I have got with havnt said anything. Ive asked close friends and they have said i dont smell, I'm asuming some people cant smell it?

Like you lot ive been to doctors in the past and been palmed off with good old anti depressents... wait dont i have to be depressed to take theese? seems like they'll hand them out to any tom dick and harry. ive been quite a few times and been laughed at once.

Think im going to push the GP to get me tested, this has been running my life for over 4 years now i need clarification.

What im posting for is any tips i can give the GP and whether you guys think that i might have this condition?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Kind Regards
Joel
Joelio5

Re: Quite sure I've got TMAU

Postby Lisa » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi Joel,

Have you smelt anything on yourself?
Without sounding rude, why do you think you may have this? The reason I ask is you said you had comments like Joel's in the house? This could mean a number of things?
If you are going to see your GP again, print off as much info as you can on TMAU, and hand it to him, say you would like to be tested for it.
Lisa

Postby Joelio5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:58 pm

Hey Lisa, Thanks for replying,

Yeah cant smell it myself at all, smell alot of other stuff but cant smell that.

Oh That comment is more of a smarter way of putting it, ive had alot more blantont ones Like "found Joel lingering in the library" and everyone laughing... that and actually overhearing people say stuff. I see the point your trying to make with paranoia becase ive questioned that alot myself, but im going to be paranoid anyway if i have this condition.

I dont think i smell bad all the time im pretty sure it fluctuates from passable to bad.

Ive actually been to see the GP yesterday and he wasnt aware of the condition but hes going to research into into it for me and i have another apointment next week :).
Joelio5

Postby Lisa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi Joel,

Sorry if I came over as blasé about the comments you have recieved, that was certainly not my intention, think we have all been paranoid to some extent, so totally get where you are coming from.

When you saw your GP did you manage to print off some info beforehand?

Well done you for taking the first step, let us know how you get on with your next appointment. :D
Lisa

Return to getting diagnosed