Carrots/Chlorophyll/Carotene

Diet info and questions.

Moderator: admin

Carrots/Chlorophyll/Carotene

Postby idealist » Thu May 28, 2015 10:57 am

'Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding carrots/chlorophyll and carotenes. I thought I would ask as you are all smarter than me.

I have been eating raw carrots for breakfast between 4-5 carrots on an empty stomach. I drink water 1 hr before, but I do not drink whilst I am eating the carrots. Anyway, for some strange reason I am struggling to digested them. My stomach rumbles and I feel in pain for the next 2hrs. If I boil them or eat them after a meal I do not have this problem. Anyway, the pain reminded me of when I first took Nullo (chlorophyllin copper complex- the green pigment). I googled carrots and was reading about carotenes (which is gives planets colour) and I read ''Carotenes contribute to photosynthesis by transmitting the light energy they absorb to chlorophyll.''

Can any one see a reason why I would be struggling with a raw carrot. I can easily digest B2 and other carotene food.
sorry this my seem trivia to some people but a carrot should be the easiest thing to digest.

thanks
idealist

Re: Carrots/Chlorophyll/Carotene

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Thu May 28, 2015 2:41 pm

May be worth investing in a juicer i got mine for about twenty four pound, it tastes rank but digest better ,if you put carrots in heap to rot into fertlizer they actually take ages to rot down ,try putting apple in for bit taste
beautifulsoul39

Postby Lisa » Thu May 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Hello Idealist,

As you know I am certainly no expert, but, here's my thinking.
If you are eating these on an empty stomach, maybe the amount is too much, or your tummy needs something a little gentler to hold onto first thing?
What if you try to spread them throughout the day, or, eat them later in the day, it's obviously not agreeing with you for some reason, I know if I eat certain things now I can get terrible tummy cramps etc.
Be kind to your poor old tum, I wouldn't want 4-5 carrots stuffed down me in the morning. :shock:
Lisa

Postby Pebble » Thu May 28, 2015 5:27 pm

I got a juicer as well and I agree that the carrot one does taste a bit vile but I tell myself how good it must be for me. I've also been addicted to kettle crisps recently which I need to stop buying. If they are in the house I cant seem to stop myself eating the lot - bad news for my gut :(
Pebble

Postby idealist » Fri May 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks for the replies\suggestions,

I was trying to reduce the amount of juicing I do but I might have to rethink it. I only had 1 raw carrot this morning and there were no problems.

Yeah, maybe my stomach is not use to it and needs more time.

Thanks again x
idealist

Return to Diet