Website - Donations / Upkeep

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS - READ HERE

Moderator: admin

Website - Donations / Upkeep

Postby admin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:47 am

Hi All,

I may be struggling for money soon and this coupled with the fact that I am struggling for time to keep the website up to date means I am considering my options.

I still have an awful lot of info that I need to format and organise and then post up. (including technical/medical documents on TMAU etc. etc.)

Would people be willing to start donating (probably through a paypal account) for the cost of hosting the website ?

At the moment this is costing me about £150 P.A.

A second question - would people be willing to donate to allow me more time to improve and develop the website, there are definate areas that need improving and updating. If there were sufficient donations I could take unapid time off work to do this (or pay a web designer) but would need some income to cover this.

Let me know your thoughts?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Website - Donations / Upkeep

Postby melcorio » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi i'm Sheila, don't know if you have already received a reply from me as not sure if the first one was sent properly. Just wanted to thank you for all you have done for tmau sufferers so far and it seems a shame that you havn't got the time or the money to continue. Do you think it is worth applying to the lottery for money? You could get Dr. Lachmann to back you plus all the members on line could sign a petition. I would be willing to make a one off donation if necessary.

Other than that you could leave the web-site with all the basic info on it and don't bother updating it. At least people will get some comfort from knowing tmau does exist and that there is a reason for their symptoms. It will then be up to them to go to their own gp.

Once again thankyou for all your work. I hope you get plenty of support from members there's got to be a way to keep this web-site going.

Best wishes

Sheila xxxxxxx e-mail adress geelong_9@yahoo.co.uk
melcorio

Postby gazela » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 pm

:roll: Hi Admin

:) I wanted to say thank you for all the work you have put into this website, without it there would be no TMAU help line available to many sufferers and a lot good vibes from all on the site would be missed, so please dont give up the good work....

:? I hope you can find a way to fund the site maybe with help from Dr,Lachman to approach some of the charities or even as already mentioned in the first post the lottery ??

:D With regards to the idea of a one off payment to help you keep it going I would be very happy with that, providing it was a fair cost and paid by all the members able to afford it !!

:D I would also be happy to pay an annual membership fee say £10.00 per annum if this would be enough to keep it all going I do not know how much this could raise if every member did the same, maybe it could even be less, but it is worth asking all the other members if they would agree ??

:cry: Like I say please dont give up just yet, you have done so well so far it would be a shame. I wish I had the time or knowledge to offer to help out with the site, but I am a self-employed electrician and with pretty long hours and all the paperwork on my return home, time is not easy to offer and my knowledge of the internet is limited to using it and not creating it.

:D Keep smiling

8-) Regards
Gazela
gazela

Postby Lisa » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:22 pm

I too would pay an annual membership fee. I havent been on here long, but think you are doing a fantastic job, and it would be a terrible shame if it couldnt continue.
Lisa

Postby kittycat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:53 pm

This site has really helped me. Thank you admin., and all the regular posters for all the websites and info. I've just received the sample pack from Mullhaven Lab and will return it when I can chance a choline load. I would gladly pay an annual membership fee, it's unfair for admin to shoulder all the work and be out of pocket.
Love to all, kittycat x
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Dear admin,
Thank you for all your good work this year. :D I'd love to buy you a chrissie pressie but don't know your address. Could you tell me how to send you some dosh via paypal, and you could DIY. Happy new year, love kittycatx
kittycat

Postby admin » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks kittykat -for the very kind offer and words of thanks!, It would be great if you donated a small amount to the NSPCC that would be a good xmas pressie for me. :D
Probably at some point next year I'll set something up in paypal so people can make voluntary donations to keep the website running and up to date.
We are lucky that the company who host the website are quite cheap whilst at the same time offering excellent service and help with problems.

There are loads of ideas I've got to improve the website and get stuff out into the media - it's just finding the time to do it..
admin
Site Admin

Postby kittycat » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:03 pm

I will send that donation to NSPCC admin, that's typically generous of you. We are very lucky you started this forum, and you have helped so many people. 8-) You gave us a voice, and I hope you get your deserved rewards in life. (And some donations when the time comes :D ) I look forward to hearing your new ideas too. love kittyx
kittycat

Postby Maisie » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:23 am

I'd be happy to pay through Paypal to help keep this site running. I don't know what I'd have done without it. Seeing what everyone has written on here and that their experiences are so similar to mine gave me the push I needed to go to my doctor and get tested. Although he'd never heard of TMAU he's been brilliant but I was too embarrassed to go and talk to him before finding this site - so a big thank you to everyone and especially to you admin for setting this up in the first place!
Maisie

Postby flower » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Thanks for starting this forum. I 'd be happy too to pay to keep this site running.
I never went to someone for psychological help but I think this site
helps me a lot more....
A lot of very kind members let me see things in an other point of view...
So I can learn from them...
I learn to accept things like they are...
We must use our experience to know that life is still so wonderful ...
...and we must find out our way to live with this every day....
It is good to have caring people around with the same experiences and who are very
intelligent and using humor....
It helps a lot.....thanks a lot....

Flower
flower

Next

Return to Read it here