Using Antibiotics for TMAU2

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Using Antibiotics for TMAU2

Postby Ruby » Fri May 11, 2012 11:57 am

I came across something on this forum ( which i can't find now,pfft) that said that the initial cause of Tmau2 was linked to the use of antibiotics. Was I dreaming? Can anybody confirm this?
I suffered with asthma in my childhood and every winter would have chest infections that would be treated with combinations of antibiotics and steroids.
Im not sure about taking antibiotics to treat this, do they actually make a difference?
Thanks, Ruby
Ruby

Re: Using Antibiotics for TMAU2

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 pm

ruby, I suppose you could try them and if they do work for you , you might want to continue taking them and deal with any possible consequences later. Luckily (?) for me they didnt seem to make any difference so I havent had to make that choice.

The medical proffessionals seem to have taken the stance that there is no risk in continued antibiotic treatment but when Ive done a bit of googling Ive come across scientific papers aimed at the medical community that seem to say that you can get antibiotic resistance after ONE course of treatment and that includes resistance to other antibiotic to the one you were treated with , because they are simillar in structure maybe, so in other words you take antibiotic X once, then the next time you take x it doesnt kill the bugs and neither does antibiotc y or z. There might be a time when you get a serious infection and would quite like x y or z to kill them ! so its not a easy choice to make, with no consequences.

Apparently there have been cases of people being cured of body odour after courses of antibiotics, but i dont know their history ie whether they had just stated showing symptoms and were able to quickly reverse the gut floral back to more favourable species. Maybe if youve had the condition for decades like me there has been so much damage done that the problem has moved on from simple microbial imbalance to something else. Ive read that having weird gut flora can produce all kinds of unpleasant problems round the body.

A thought just popped into my head that they think that the appendix might be used to hold back up supplies of your original gut microbes so that if you get a nasty infection, or you take antibiotics, the appendix can squirt 'your' bugs back in there and start agin. I had mine taken out when young and then had serious, probably broad spectrum antibiotics afterwards to treat infection, so that might be why antis didnt work for me - the 'good' bugs couldnt be repopulated by appendix and the antibiotics made the new smelly bugs resistant to any further antibiotics?
smelly

Re: Using Antibiotics for TMAU2

Postby Ruby » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Thankyou for this reply!I have only just seen it , I think I need to adjust my settings so I can see that someone has replied to me. I did take the antibiotics but tbh I don't know if they made any difference. Im willing to try anything though. x
Ruby

Return to getting diagnosed