can we have tmau

Dr Dolphin was part of the team who first demonstrated that mutations in the FMO3 gene are the cause of the inherited (primary form) of TMAU.

Moderator: admin

can we have tmau

Postby anoymous » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:06 am

HI im new in this web. Just want to ask uu a question. I started have bo since i am 15. But whe i turn out to be 16 the odor started getting worse and uncontollabe. It just like even after a shower i still smell. I thought i have tmau coz when i eat high choline food my urine will smell very weird and strong. could this be a symptom of tmau to.
But the question is if i have tmau shouldnt i should have bo since i was kids. Is that my FMO3 suddenly collapse when i was 16 or what. IM a male and i cannot smell myself
anoymous

Re: can we have tmau

Postby FADworker » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:42 pm

anoymous wrote:HI im new in this web. Just want to ask uu a question. I started have bo since i am 15. But whe i turn out to be 16 the odor started getting worse and uncontollabe. It just like even after a shower i still smell. I thought i have tmau coz when i eat high choline food my urine will smell very weird and strong. could this be a symptom of tmau to.
But the question is if i have tmau shouldnt i should have bo since i was kids. Is that my FMO3 suddenly collapse when i was 16 or what. IM a male and i cannot smell myself

TMAU is not the same as what most people would recognize as body odour. However, if you have had, or are now getting, a body odour that has a distinct 'fish' smell then you might want to talk to your GP.
FADworker

Return to Questions for Dr Dolphin