what type of jobs?

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Re: what type of jobs?

Postby Lisa » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Smelly,
Was'nt meant to sound harsh, hence the LOL, I apologise if I came across that way.
I'm certainly not one for poncing with the pansies, enjoy the more labouring stuff, luckily for me, I have 2 burly helpers, my husband and son, while I'm carrying my slab, they've already taken 3 each!
It's hard to find a job you enjoy, AND, you can feel comfortable in with this condition, and I admire those who work "inside", I certainly could'nt.
Lisa

Postby kittycat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 am

Lisa, burly husband with own business...where did I go wrong? If you ever need yer pansies ponced I can re-locate, I like Bude :D Great your new venture is going well too. :D
The other jobs in the dog-sitting/walking route, which in affluent areas can be quite lucrative, are the live-in jobs. I once worked as companion/assistant to a multi-millionaire. Luckily he couldn't detect TMA, and I got to travel by private jet and helicopter, and didn't get any nasty remarks cos of who I was with :) He also employed a house-keeper, chauffeur, and gardener...All of which were much happier people than he was, with all his millions....On my cruise I met a lady who was companion to another wealthy lady, she said her emploer was lovely...I often look at the ads in The Lady, for when 'him indoors' finally drinks himself to .......Joke :lol: ..kcx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Also, when I got completely to the end of my tether, and unable to face the workplace. I sold my smart cottage in London and bought this larger house in the burbs for cash, and took in students on B&B basis. I was lucky to get in with local poly and just get Mon to Fri 2nd degree types. I also made my own part of the house self-contained. They probably mostly saw me as a weird, smelly Rigsby-ish character, but unfortunately I wasn't even receptive to the nice ones. Terrible how this condition can change your whole personality. :evil: All part of life's rich pageant. Sigh. kcx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:27 pm

No rush idealist....We know your life has temporarily fallen to bits, and you're busy making it better than before :D Take care, kcx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Lisa, I also volunteer to 'ponse your pansies', since I am too much of a 'weed' to do much else :lol: Good luck to you, for becoming self employed instead of settling in the old routine, working for 'the man' and moaning about it, like me :lol:
smelly

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:28 pm

kittycat,

your life....theres a book in there......I dont even care if its true, I want to read it :lol:
smelly

Postby flower » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 pm

What kind of jobs do you all do, the others ?
part time or full time ?
Or are most of us not working people ?
Are there some of us coping very well in their job ?

Flower
flower

Postby kittycat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Sorry to interrupt your thread flower, but was reading it and saw I'd missed smelly's one before it. :o .............
I always thought I might be able to work my life into a stand-up routine, smelly.......AND, no-one sits in the front rows of those at the best of times :P great job for tmau :lol: love kx It's all true...and there's more.....
kittycat

Postby Ellie Girl » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:20 am

Hi flower,

In answer to your question what do the rest of us do for jobs? I'm director of a national heritage organsitaion. It's quite high-profile and I have to travel a lot and meet people and hold meetings all the time, so very stressful from a TMAU point of view... however if I think there is going to be a problem I will let people know ahead of time and send them a link to the condition and ask for a well-ventilated room! I always take a back up of food I know I can eat because with the best will in the world people will prepare something that you can't eat, by mistake. The people I meet and work with are almost to a person lovely to me and lovely about the condition. I hope they see me as a professional first and foremost, a nice person second, and someone with a medical condition last.

Sometimes I can work from home but mostly this is a networking job. It can be extremely painful but I've worked so damn hard to get where I am I am not letting the condition or small-minded people stop me! We're based in a university, too, so I get the inevitable 'febreze' comments from students but usually I just give them evils lol.

I believe you can do what you want to do - it's hard with this condition but we're not lepers, and anyone who treats us like that needs to be educated. If they are still rude after that they can go to hell. After all, if we can't smell it it's their problem :lol: I mentally tell the b*stards to 'enjoy'.

Ellie xx
Ellie Girl

Postby flower » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:41 pm

It seems interesting how you cope in your job, Elly.
I know that i have to do the diet more strictly too (with a job working inside most of the time).
But it is a missing for us all there is no diet book because it is not only the choline, but also the nitrogen and the sulphur we have to eliminate I guess.
But in my case, I just know that I leave my job if I am getting to much problems....but I am not that career type.
I guess I can be glad with another job too when I have to.
I am going off for a while because going on holiday and have some health probs in family. I just heard the wife of my oldest brother (my brother died in an accident twelve years ago) has also kystes in the ovaria and is in hospital....so must be there too.
Flower
flower

PreviousNext

Return to general tmau topics