Botox

antibiotics, nullo etc. - what works for you?

Moderator: admin

Botox

Postby sunshine » Sun May 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi everyone.I,m thinking about having botox on my underarms,feet, and hands.My thoughts are if i stop the sweat coming out of these area then i,ll be able to stop a lot of the ouder.I don,t know if it would work? Just wondering if anyones tried it yet? or knows if botox would work? Thanks sunshine x
sunshine

Re: Botox

Postby smelly » Mon May 30, 2011 8:03 pm

If botox is temporary then its a good idea to give it a go.I would give the permanent methods a wide berth though because theres a lot on chatrooms about people regretting it because they get compensatory sweating ie it comes out somewhere else instead, like all over back which is more obvioous than under arms etc. But I get your point about those areas having the more odorous type sweat glands.
smelly

Postby kittycat » Mon May 30, 2011 9:48 pm

I think it works, lasts about 6mths and would be really expensive to do all those areas. As smelly says the sweat/TMA will then come out via other areas. Have you tried Driclor or iontophoresis? I think there's a laser for excessive sweating, but that sounds even more drastic than botox. Be careful sunshine....kcx
kittycat

Postby sunshine » Tue May 31, 2011 12:36 pm

Thank you both for your feed back.Its really appreciated.I didn,t realise it came out of other areas.No han,t tried any of those products.I,ll give them a go thanks.I,m just taking nullo and charcoal and the diet at the moment.Its still early days for me so will probably take a bit of time to see what works.Don,t think i,ll try the botox then i,ll give the other products a go first.Many thanks sunshine x
sunshine

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi Sunshine
I have had botox and ionop.....
I would not recommend, although it worked to reduce the sweating completely, my smell got much worse (from sweaty to fecal plus much stronger as the toxin built up instead).
So my advice would be a strong deodrant, so you sweat less but it does not toxins coming out.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby smelly » Tue May 31, 2011 8:03 pm

SK2, thats is soo interesting about the smell changing as it got more concentrated. I really like tha as an explanation becase I have had the faecal and sweaty strong Bo smell (as well as many many others!)
smelly

Postby sunshine » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks s.k for that.It is really interesting to hear that.I was worried about the toxins in botox but read somewhere that the toxins only stayed in the area injected so thought it might have been o.k.The doctors don,t seem to know much about this disorder so i,m just trying to get as information on things that work for people as i,m desperate to try and get this under control.Have just started the diet, nullo,charcoal and have had one course of antibiotics and now taking probiotic and washing in low ph products but the ouder seems to have got worse.Could that be because of the toxins leaving the body?That was really helpfull about the botox.I,ll just keep trying the other products.I don,t want a worse ouder problem :oops: Good job that i asked first lol Many many thanks sunshine x
sunshine

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Glad to help Sunshine. I had both treatments on the NHS.
I believe that my body has never cleared the botox. My underarms never sweat very much now and they smell strongly if they do. So for that reason I would not recommend it, as another doctors idea that just made things much worse. I had the iontophoresis and the effects wear off quickly (hands and feet), so you may want to try that (but again I believe it did not help with my odour). At least the effects are revised quickly if you think it is not helping.
Another thing I then developed with acne on my face with would go bright red (when exercising never had this ever before) because the other areas were not sweating. I always had really great skin before this. This made me more self consious. The dermotologist gave me antibiotics to take for months! Then, my TMAU got even worse. Unfortunately, everything doctors suggested just added to my problems.
One thing I did try for the soles of my feet is to alternate between surgical spirits in the morning and cream at night (any moisturer). Do this every day for up to 10 weeks and it will make a big difference. I noticed a difference much sooner. This worked really well to reduce the sweating, but did not increase any smell in me. I can only think that this is because it is something not trying to completely block it. This will last for a while even if you stop too. Or may be it was by just doing the feet I never had any problems, I do no know for sure .
It was recommended by my chiropodist, he said it works as it confuses the glands.I keep thinking about trying it for my hands too. It is also cheaper and quicker that iontophoresis (my machine is just sitting in storage).
Hope this helps as I would rather no one else when through all of this.
Jackie
SmellyKelly2

Postby sunshine » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks jackie that actually makes a lot of sense that putting more toxins in the body might make it worse.I,ll try that with my feet and see how that goes.Its terrible really as well as being an antisocial disorder its so expensive to keep trying out all the different things.Its good to have the feed back from this site.Its helped me so much already.Many thanks sunshine x
sunshine

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:41 am

Again you are welcome. I think you will be please with the result of doing the feet the Chiropodists way.
At one point I had looked at ETS (I have seen a number of consultants over the years about it), but with all the knowledge I have now would not touch with a barge pole (as others quite rightly say on here).
SKx
SmellyKelly2

Next

Return to treatment