Cant smell TMAU on myself but i stink!!!

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Cant smell TMAU on myself but i stink!!!

Postby flashy » Mon May 20, 2013 9:14 am

I am just wondering if anyone can advise me, i am pretty sure i have TMAU as people say i smell of farts and i have not farted??

Problem is i cannot smell it myself!! Sometimes my partner says i have stunk the whole room out!! I am really frustrated as i cannot tell when i stink etc.

Is there anybody else that cannot smell thereself but has other symptoms to know they smell? My smell does not seem to be all the time from what my partner says. I am really down about this and i would like to know everyone elses storys? I dread going to work and when people talk to me i can see them holding their breath etc! i cannot cope with it anymore. I am thinking of quitting my job but realise this is stupid without getting tested and trying treatment, problem is i am too embarressed to go to my GP !

If anyone can relate please get in touch i would love to be able to speak to people who are the same as me!!!

x
flashy

Re: Cant smell TMAU on myself but i stink!!!

Postby dev » Wed May 22, 2013 1:18 pm

I am at the same situation as you. I feel reflected on everything you have said.

Waiting for my test results. I still don't know whether I have TMAU or not.
dev

Postby Divinefapper » Wed May 22, 2013 5:46 pm

a
Last edited by Divinefapper on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Divinefapper

Postby flashy » Thu May 30, 2013 9:05 am

i just really cannot cope as i wish i knew when i had a odour!! I feel like i avoid people constantly now as i think i smell all the time!!! Is the smell only now and again or is it constant ?? i've heard two different things on it???

Is there anyway we will one day be able to smell ourselves again??

If it wasnt for my partner mentioning it i would be totally obvlivious to my smell as everyone is too polite to mention it!!

Dev please keep me informed on how you are doing, i would love to be able to speak to more people like me as at the moment i am really fed up as i have no-one to speak to about the condition.

I am totally confused as to what i can eat/drink as everyone is different.

I am too nervous to go to my GP as so many people have no luck with them as they are not aware of TMAU.

Any advice off anyone i would be very grateful x
flashy

Return to general tmau topics