what do u tell the kids

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

what do u tell the kids

Postby atlantis » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 am

Today my four year old told me I can't come to her wedding in case I cause a smell ! They say it at this age they say it how they see or smell it !( which can b refreshing ) at least y know when its happening ! However its coming to a point where I need to try an explain it .... help really not sure what to say def no childcare books covering this ... u
atlantis

Re: what do u tell the kids

Postby Weak » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:34 am

Wait.... Your 4 year old is getting married?? Wtf is going on here?

Secondly, I can see what you mean, Ive had experience with kids similar to that infact my little cousin kind of acted the same way around me. I guess over time someone explained it to him or he just grew to like me and he just knows me as that guy. But as far as not going to a wedding I would think you wouldnt want to go. I mean she is right as far as you creating an uncomfortable atmosphere for the people around you who may not be accustom to you, idk.
Weak

Postby Lisa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:07 pm

LOL, Blimey, talk about forward planning! :lol:

By the time she gets married no doubt things would of come on leaps & bounds with research for this condition, and even if it hasn't you can still manage it.
If she saying things like this now, if it were me, I'd tell her, but put it simply.
Mummy has a germ in her tummy that doesn't like certain foods, when mummy eats those foods, or mummy gets upset, it makes the germ in her tummy make a horrible smell?
Something like that? She's only 4, you don't want to scare her, but, it may help her understand.
Be honest with her, it's the best way to be.

Good luck.
Lisa

Postby Lisa » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Weak, of course she will go to her daughter's wedding, why shouldn't she?

As far as making people around her feel uncomfortable, tough sh*t. What a ridiculous thing to say! :roll:
Lisa

Postby atlantis » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Not too worried about " the big day" that's way in the future!!! Thanks for advice Lisa will try that next time she brings it up but there's no secrets with children this age am sure her teachers will have a giggle when she tells them about this. X
atlantis

Postby Weak » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Oh ok so were talking about when her 4 year old gets married which is going to be decades in the future, just making sure as I was honestly a little confused.

But I just dont know, I mean it will be an inconvenience to the people around her who dont know her and arent familiar with what is going on, not to mention people from her husbands side who may attend. And unless it is held outside somewhere with a nice breeze then the smell might bottle up and idk. I am not trying to sound mean, i mean your comment(lisa) is said in consideration of the person with TMAU while mine is in consideration of the people there who will spend the entire time wondering where that smell is coming from, god forbid they go around asking trying to find out.

Im sure by then there will be alot of breakthroughs as far as the condition goes but if it were me idk, I can see how she would desperately want to go to her daughters wedding and on the other hand i completely understand why the daughter, albeit young and naive, would not want her to go. (I mean even if she grows older and understands why you smell, the reason she had as a kid still wouldnt change, it would just be informed and she would realize that asking you not to go wouldnt be fair towards you. But her original reason for not wanting you there still wouldnt have changed.)

i guess this falls into a certain grey area, they are both right in a sense and both wrong in a sense. There is no real right answer imo
Weak

Postby kittycat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 am

Hi okc... My mum would have said eurgh, who'd marry you! And threatened me with the orphanage.. HTH :D kittyx
kittycat

Postby rickyjhon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:57 am

hello friend, i think kids are really gift from the god and make care of them
rickyjhon

Return to general tmau topics