newly diagnosed an raising awareness .

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

newly diagnosed an raising awareness .

Postby atlantis » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:14 pm

My gp is now aware I have tested positive an has asked me to join her an do a presentation for the rest of gps in practice to educate an raise awareness ..... I have agreed to as the ends justify the means ! But am v nervous about it am not a natural public speaker an have little confidence in my body behaving itself!! However I feel strongly that gps should b aware after suffering for 14 years an being told I was delusional by several of them . When I approached my gp many years ago with this problem I probably came across as slightly unhinged an v emotional an it all sounds so strange especially when the gps can't detect an odour, I just want a few more to bear it in mind that it could b tmau an not ofs . I hope it helps someone an I hope it inspires someone else on the forum to do the same . X
atlantis

Re: newly diagnosed an raising awareness .

Postby Lisa » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:56 pm

When I found out what I had, I went back to my old GP and told him, he too did a presentation on TMAU to all at his practice, and now when I go in there I'm asked about it, and how I'm doing.
We are getting there, try not to be nervous, you are making a stand for all of us sufferers, the more people that know, the better, hold you head high, take your time, and get your point across, they are GP's, and are there to help, I really don't think they will judge you, but will be intrigued, as my doctor was.
Good luck. :D
Lisa

Return to general tmau topics