TMAU and colds

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Re: TMAU and colds

Postby Tenacity » Tue May 07, 2013 11:08 am

Glasgowguy: will do. Let me know how things go with you, too. Seems like we are very similar - apart from the fact that you still have the energy to go out clubbing. I'd use my age as an excuse, but I think we're also the same age!! Dammit. Guess I'm just pathetic. :lol: :lol:
Tenacity

Postby Glasgowguy » Tue May 28, 2013 6:08 pm

How did you get on tenacity. I got a 7 day course of doxycycline. I don't think it worked as well as last time. Didn't feel as fresh. Maybe I'm building an immunity to them. Going to ask for something else next time.
Glasgowguy

Postby Tenacity » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:44 am

Hi Glasgowguy,

Sorry I haven't been around - I've been so busy with exams and stuff that my feet have barely touched the ground.

Well, I went on a seven-week course of 100mg per day, and it did absolutely nothing. Wait, I lie, it did two things:
1) it cleared up my acne (hurrah!)
2) It made me so tired and confused that I'm fairly sure I failed one of the easiest exams I've ever sat. If only I'd known that was the problem before I went into the exam room I'd have ceased and desisted the course completely. It just wasn't worth it.

In terms of TMAU there was no change. The only thing that works is a STRONG two-week course at 3X100mg per day followed by probiotics for a few months, followed by the standard course of metronidazole for two weeks, followed by probiotics and so on.

But all of these things make me tired and affect my concentration to a certain extent, and I'm worried it's no longer viable. I've been seriously ill recently and am trying to go back to uni by getting on a very competitive graduate course. These antibiotics have already severely affected my chances, and I just don't know what to do next.

There really don't seem to be any alternatives. :( :( :(

Anyway, how are things with you, Glasgowguy? Been to any more clubs? :D x
Tenacity

Previous

Return to general tmau topics