Time of the month.

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Re: Time of the month.

Postby lyndsey » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:22 am

Hi Lisa

Sorry to hear what you going through I'm 45 and the last three years my periods have been all over the place firstly coming every three weeks then for a year around every three months then I would bleed for about a month at a time last proper period was January lasted the whole month GP tested hormones oestrogen levels were low suggesting start of menopause my odour has got significantly worse last few years hoping it will came down after menopause. I would also get a sweet sickly smell at times. I have started taking magnesium complex to help with symptoms but also keep a note of what you're eating and drinking before hot flush Flexseed really helps with symptoms for me but then makes me stink I don't know what the answer is for us if you get any tips let me know Lisa. My mood got very low as well Lisa and I finally give in and started Floxentine antidepressant and I am starting to feel a lot better I wish I had took it sooner. Good luck with GP hope you have as nice as one as mine she has been terrific.

Good luck
Lindsey xxx
lyndsey

Postby Lisa » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:51 am

Thank you girls, nice to know I am not alone, I can cope I think, with most things, but sometimes with the TMAU I feel dirty, so going thru this too just adds to it I suppose, just have to get on with it, like most people do, I hope to emerge out of this like a beautiful butterfly. Lol, well, something like that.
I am looking into Yoga, massage, etc to try and reduce stress, worth a go huh?

Onwards and upwards

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, it's very much appreciated.
Lisa

Postby Ruby » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:34 pm

In relation to this thread, yes, I find that around the time of my monthlies I begin to smell what I can only describe as eggs. I have no solution to this. I don't eat eggs! I don't eat any protein if I can help it, but the egg smell is there and if I can smell myself then it must be strong because I don't normally notice my own smell ( although others do inform me of it ! sigh ) The smell dissipates as my period ends but it makes things extra difficult, especially at work.
Ruby

Previous

Return to general tmau topics