Time of the month.

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Time of the month.

Postby timid » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi everyone, this is mainly addressed to the ladies here, i'm getting the odour bad around my period, and i'm wondering if there's anything natural like hormone creams or evening primrose that would help with that? I was stressed the other day (a day before my period) and the odour that came off me was like garlic, i was in the car with hubby and i could smell it and taught i was imagining it, but my husband said oh i smell garlic, and i taught whoohoo at least i know i'm not just imagining it! Has anyone had that odour come from them before on their period?
timid

Re: Time of the month.

Postby egglover » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi timid,

Unfortunately I can't smell myself but people have told me I have a "beefy" smell - like oxo cubes or beef flavoured crisps just before my period starts. Someone told me that having a bath with Epsom salts would help and I'm willing to give anything a try so will let you know.

My TMAU has become unbearable in the last year - think because I'm approaching an early menopause.

For those of us whose condition gets worse before/around our period - does that mean our sympoms will dimish - even go away :) after we have gone through menopause???
egglover

Postby PoetFire » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi

I had a go with epsom bath salts for a while but I didn't feel very well to the point of madness. Not sure what the metabolic reason would be for this. It seemed to accumulate over the days. Epsom salts is magnesium sulfate.

If you do try, feel free to let us know how you got on. I am male so no period problems :)
PoetFire

Postby timid » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 am

Hi Egglover I've tried Epsom Salt bath and i think it made a difference in my skin, but i think the odour came back anyway, and my breath is the main odour area i think? Poetfire, thanks for the reply, i didn't feel any side effects at all.
timid

Postby PoetFire » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm

I was using about 200g, which is quite a lot all the same. Someone suggested it was good for getting sulfate into the bloodstream.
PoetFire

Postby malory » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 am

I have hormonal problems (causing gynaecological abnormalities) apart from my menstrual cycle. I went to hospital twice recently with severe pains which they believed were due to a large degenerating fibroid they found while doing a scan. I also have several cysts on one ovary. Most of my other ovary was removed aged 16 due to a huge cyst.

anyway, to balance my hormones i try/have tried/am trying:

-zone diet (Barry Sears) method of eating, and I eat every 4 hours to ensure insulin levels are maintained
-I drink spearmint tea or raspberry leaf tea
-I take Peruvian Maca powder
-I have tried black cohosh also
-I try to increase production of fatty acid GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid) through zone diet (I also take fish oil at weekends and oatmeal-though rest of my diet is wheat-free). GLA is essential for good health but it decreases after the age of 30 so I try to keep levels up by avoiding hydrogenated fats and avoiding excessive flaxseed oil which contains large amounts of ALA (Alpha Linolenic Acid)

You've mentioned Evening Primrose Oil for the essential fatty acid EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). This may help too.

Some people have found DIM (Diindolymethane) useful but I haven't tried it yet.

Please google some of these suggestions and let us know if any of them help you!
malory

Postby Liajhone » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:48 am

Eating plenty of simply natural yogurt is found to be effective. Make sure that this is organic, un-processed natural yogurt, especially the non-sugary type. Yogurt is rich in lactobacillus, which allows to recover the normal genital pH level, preventing the condition from repeating.

Therapy allows recover the acid quality of the genital plants and battles off the toxins that cause infection. Simply engage in a long bath with two to three glasses of this natural anti-bacterial agent in your showering normal water to achieve fast results.

Beans is one of nature’s most powerful medications. Placing a garlic cloves clove into your vaginal area and maintaining it for several hours can relieve the bad genital smell to a large level.

Add 50 percent cup of apple cider vinegar and 50 percent cup of sodium into a shower and dip several times a week. This will help to balance the genital pH.

Prevent douching. Instead, clean with hot normal water and gentle detergent. You may find a hand-held shower connection can help you to feel cleaner. Be sure to clean the labia and inner creases of the vaginal area as well.

Wear pure cotton under garments and reduce suitable clothes. Tight denims and materials that don’t allow your vaginal area to take in can result in genital perspiration, causing viruses build-up, an eventually will cause an smell.

Always clean back to front after bowels to prevent distribute of anal viruses.

Changing shields, tampons, and pantie-liners frequently.
Liajhone

Postby Lisa » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi y'all,

Hope everyone's doing ok.
Have a Q for the ladies, well, a few actually.

I think I am starting to go thru the menopause, I'm 42, my nan started hers at 41.
For the pasy year or so I have been sweating in the nights, usually a week before my period, I am as regular as clock work with my periods, but the last couple of months I have only had them for 4-5 days, normally I go for 7 days.
My period isn't due for a few weeks, but last night I was sweating like never before, I woke up drenched, (how bloody romantic, Morning Darling) :shock: , anyhow, as well as said sweat I smelt awful, not like "normal" sweat, sort of sweet?
I shall be making an appointment with my GP, just to see what's going on, I would just like some advice, tips, anything really to help.
Felt very low this morning, :cry: .

Have decided if this is the case I would like to keep my options open, I welcome any ideas, all gratefully received.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, it's appreciated, truly.
Lisa

Postby Pebble » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 am

Hi Lisa,
Sorry to hear that you have been suffering - as if we haven't got enough to deal with already!
My periods stopped for a bit earlier this year but this was because my weight was far too low. I am now trying to eat much more and have put on half a stone. I still find it hard to put on weight and have a low choline diet - no cakes, chocolate, takeaways etc but will keep on trying for the sake of my health. Good luck with the GP and hope your symptoms improve
Pebble

Postby Lisa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Thank you Pebble.

Keep Calm, and Carry On?
Lisa

Next

Return to general tmau topics