bus ad campaign on central London bus

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

bus ad campaign on central London bus

Postby PoetFire » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:41 pm

How about we put a bus ad about TMAU on a double decker bus going through central London ? (banners known as 'supersides')

For example we could make it about tmau.org.uk and testing

A first estimate I have for a bus going through Central London for 2 weeks is about £685 (including banner construction. Or £822 if VAT is added)

It would have 2 goals. 1 to get more sufferers but especially to raise awareness among the ordinary public.

I think it's important we start to break through to the ordinary public
PoetFire

Re: bus ad campaign on central London bus

Postby c64 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:59 pm

I agree with you. But I don't think many people would be willing to help us pay for it (£685).
c64

Postby Weak » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:18 pm

"But if we tell them... they'll know"

Like the qoute infers I dont think this is the best way to get that information out there, it opens us up to alot of mockery. I think our efforts should be put more towards advertising our situation more towards people who can make a change, like politicians, media outlets, government officials etc... Not the immature general public. Especially when it is going to be that expensive. But that is just my humble opinion .
Weak

Postby c64 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Weak wrote:"But if we tell them... they'll know"

Like the qoute infers I dont think this is the best way to get that information out there, it opens us up to alot of mockery. I think our efforts should be put more towards advertising our situation more towards people who can make a change, like politicians, media outlets, government officials etc... Not the immature general public. Especially when it is going to be that expensive. But that is just my humble opinion .

Well, I said I agreed with the bus ad but I wasn't thinking about what you just said. But I think we need more people to support us, I mean, people without TMAU/bad BO too.
Politicians and etc won't care about us until start to go to the TV, radio, newspapers, etc (I know that there are some people that already did it, but we need to do it more often and in more famous channels/radios/newspapers).

Just my opinion too :)
c64

Postby PoetFire » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm looking at this site to see what it's all about. Not heard of it before.
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/
PoetFire

Postby c64 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:12 pm

PoetFire wrote:I'm looking at this site to see what it's all about. Not heard of it before.
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/

Doesn't have a rating in Web of Trust, seems a bit doubtful :?

Isn't there any other site like that one?
c64

Postby PoetFire » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:25 pm

There does seem to be a few sites like this but having read more I think they are genuine. They take 5% and if the amount is not reached they return the money to everyone. They use paypal
PoetFire

Return to general tmau topics