TMAU and The MEDIA

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

TMAU and The MEDIA

Postby gazela » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 pm

I wonder about others with this complaint do you feel the same way as I do about getting it into the media?

My opinion is the more people know about TMAU the more they will become accepting that it is a medical complaint and not just someone who doesnt have good personal hygene.

I want everyone to know about this problem so as to become able to respond, when someone says they can smell a foul odour near me, I suffer from TMAU and they will understand.

I tell everyone who mentions any odour strong or mild I suffer from TMAU and explain this to them and all people so far have said how terrible for you and not to worry as they understand it is not my cleanliness at fault.

TMAU should not be kept some horrible secret but as many people as possible made aware such an unpleasant complaint exists and it is very difficult for those who suffer from it to live a normal life.

I for one want to tell the whole world. If you feel the same I hope like me you tell everyone who is prepared to listen and take any chance you can to tell it to the media, TV, Radio, Internet or The Press.

With luck in 12 months time we could make a geat portion of the population aware of what we suffer with every day!

8-) GOOD LUCK TO ALL WITH TMAU gazela 8-)
gazela

Re: TMAU and The MEDIA

Postby bigvern » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:36 pm

good luck to you as well mate :D
bigvern

Postby allterrain » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah, it's certainly positive that interest in our illness in the media seems to be picking up. I think the people with TMAU who have appeared on TV or in magazines etc are amazing. Must take a lot of courage. I've had odour problems for years, but only realised through one of these shows a few months ago what it could be. I'm going to get tested soon, when I can make it down to London. We must make every effort to publicise this disease, as the more knowledge there is about it, the more research will be done. Good luck to everyone.
allterrain

Postby stinky17 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 pm

yes good luck 2 u aswell......since apearing on itv this morning ive had an agent ring me 2 put my story in a magazine n so far love it n woman av rang her 2 say they want it in.
since going on telly all my family n friends n even some people i dident no av been praising me n r mow more understaniding which is great as a felt on my own b4 as a minger!!! not a nice feeling :cry:
but now i feel ready 2 live again its great :D
stinky17

Postby PoetFire » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi Claire.

Maybe it was this agent who contacted you
http://www.frontpageagency.co.uk/

Hope they don't take too big a cut. You deserve it :)

Thanks for going on the ITV show. You done great :)
PoetFire

Postby stinky17 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:40 pm

yes it was lol but ive told them im not bothered about money i just want 2 raise awarness about tmau because of how much i feel better with every 1 knowing after going on tv.....and i want more people 2 get tested :D
stinky17

Postby stinky17 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:43 pm

i no its not relevant with this topic but can u tell me what bread n milk u use please? :D
stinky17

Return to general tmau topics