disability benefits

general questions and discussions

disability benefits

Postby Jackal » Sun May 01, 2011 4:59 pm

hi peeps

just wondering if any one is on disability benefits with TMAU/ is it possiable to get disability benefits with TMAU?

thanks
Jackal

Re: disability benefits

Postby flower » Thu May 05, 2011 6:35 pm

How are you, Jackal,

Are you hoping for disability benifits for yourself ?

Have you tried diet and medication ? Is your odour still not under control ?

Hope things working out for you.

Flower
flower

Postby Jackal » Wed May 11, 2011 4:38 pm

yes and I was wondering if anyone was one it i saw on bodyodorsupport forum that they was trying to get tmau accepted as a disability.

and i went to the doctor yesterday to speak about tmau and he didn't know what it was and asked me where i found out about it and said i need to show him some information about it. so at least hes willing to look into at the moment.

however i am overweight and because of that im getting a bloody test to check if i have any problems with my thyroid but maybe that could be my problem as they is linked to Hyper Hydrosis

however i asked the doctor if i smelt he could couldn't smell anything however when i was in the waiting room people were iching that noses and one guy keeped looking at me with the corner of his eye (so obvious) lol but its all confusing really.

maybe it could be a thyriod problem? but what details should i show him and tell him about Dr manning?

Thanks

- Jackal
Jackal

Postby flower » Wed May 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Hi Jackal ,

You find the test procedure on this site.
In my case I am going to take all supplements (already started the diet and the probiotics)
I will do everything to minimalise the odor. Sometimes it is like I am dreaming, that everything isn’t true, could I have this whole my life,
….
What I will say, first try to reduce the odor, maybe the odor can minimalise and we don’t need the disability….

Flower
flower

Postby PoetFire » Thu May 12, 2011 2:11 am

Hi Jackal

You could write to the UK TMAU tester by email. You could ask your Dr to phone him too
http://www.sheffieldchildrens.nhs.uk/Pr ... d1c125959a

Nigel will sort you out for the test.

To convince your Dr, you could also try showing him a printout of this
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/b ... ylaminuria

maybe link him to this forum too, and maybe a few youtube TMAU links

If you are positive for the urine test you could then the NHS will do the DNA test. If that's positive then it's a genetic disorder.
PoetFire

Postby Jackal » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:52 pm

so i said i think i have tmau to my doctor and he didn't know what it was so he said he needed some info on it. I printed off the bits off this website and handed it in the reception of the surgery for him. but do i do now?
Jackal

Postby Maisie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Jackal

You could ring the surgery and ask the receptionist to check that your doctor has read the info and ring you back to let you know. If he has read it, then make an appointment to see him/her, say you think you have TMAU and could you have a test please.

My doctor had never heard of it either but on reading about it from the info I gave him, I had the test done for free and when it came back positive for TMAU1, I then had a DNA test done for free and was referred on to Dr Lachmann in London. My doctor also said he couldn't smell anything on me but was happy to let me have the tests.

When I walked into his surgery after the first test results came in, he said "You're not going mad after all!".

Good luck with it all.

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby smelly » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:42 pm

I dare say its crossed afew minds as a way out of the hell of working with this condition, but I think this is probably the worst time to be expecting the state to lend a helping hand. They are in the process of interviewing all current disability claimants to assess whether they are 'fit for work'. And with a revised definitionn of 'fit to work', they aim on getting a good percentage off that list and onto the 'job seekers' list which obviously pays a fraction of the benefit plus you dont get all the extra benefits that come with disability allowance. Who knows how bad its going to get for people who are out of work over the coming years......
smelly

Postby Jackal » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi All

I Recently moved out from parents after 3 years off doing nothing due to my problem. pretty much they was fed up of me not studying/work. i play games alot just to get through the day really. some people think i was a video game addiction lol. anyway so i got my own flat now they help me with deposit and such.. currently on housing benefit and job seekers allowance. obviously my life is going no where and god knows what people think of me. i mean ive changed alot seen i had this problem. I'm not going to blame myself and people don't understand.

However everytime i go up jcp i get really depressed the day before my appointment. Im getting pushed into things i don't want to do i mean there printing off retail sales person. like im going to be able to do that. need to crack on with doctor and see results.
Jackal

Postby smelly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Ive never been on job seekers, but can you explain your medical condition to them and ask them to send you details of jobs that might be better suited, such as the outdoor work etc thats been discussed? If you are proactive like that they might see you’re going to put the effort into applying and interviewing for THE RIGHT job, rather then you are just dodging ALL work, which might make them put more pressure on you. i saw ‘fairy job mother’ other day and they were talking about cutting peoples benefit if they don’t take jobs offered.....

Also, Ive seen adverts for vouchers to use against courses that are free for job seekers (unfortunately for me , if you have a working partner you dont get anything free :cry: ) and you could be studying something for free while you are on job seekers, rather than when you get a job in retail or something you dont like and you will then have to pay for any course. You could do some kind of web design course or something of that ilk that you could eventually do at home.
smelly

Next

Return to general tmau topics