GYM/EXCERCISE?!

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

GYM/EXCERCISE?!

Postby Sophie1999 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:43 pm

So, I still don't have a definitive answer as to whether I have TMAU. However, I've recently been having less bouts of odour, so decided to do a spin class with friends. I sweated so much it was unbelievable, but I had no odour production as far as I am aware as no one complained and the room was packed, and to my absolute surprise I got chatted up by someone after the class, as I stood there red faced and incredibly sweaty! However, two days later, I was sat in work and got a strong whiff of odour, yet I wasn't sweating at all?! So fed up with this F****** illness, its driving me up the wall. Does anyone else do vigorous excercise? What have your experiences been?

Thanks! hope you're all well.
Sophie1999

Re: GYM/EXCERCISE?!

Postby sacrosanct » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:51 am

My understanding is that it helps.

Think about it. The trimethylamine gets dumped into your bloodstream where it makes its way out of your body through your bodily fluids.

Your body only produces X amount of trimethylamine from what your eat. If you do rigorous exercise and sweat a lot, your body is dumping all the trimethylamine contaminated fluid out by dehydrating itself.

You then drink not contaminated water to replace it. The overall effect is less trimethylamine in your system and therefore less odour.

Quite why no-one could smell you when you exercised could be anything. Perhaps you simply didn't have much trimethylamine produced on that day. Perhaps they had only just met you and was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I can only speak from my own experiences, but even when I smell, people are usually friendly towards me when they first meet me if we are in some kind of social situation. It's only after they have met me a few times and strung together those experiences, realizing that I smell all the time that people start to distance themselves from me.

But in response to your question, yes exercise helps in the long run.
sacrosanct

Re: GYM/EXCERCISE?!

Postby Pebble » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:44 pm

I think exercise definitely helps although I tried to jog around the block last week and it nearly killed me. I need to find something less strenuous to do
Pebble

Return to general tmau topics