Getting Tested

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Getting Tested

Postby Mor10 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 pm

I have been today to my GP and asked her for refferal to the test she said it's not covered by the NHS and suggested me to contact Dr lachmann and ask him to send an email or letter to the GP explaining why he think this test would benefit me. RIDICULOUS!!! I tried to send an email today to Dr Lachmann explaining my situation. I suffer years from this condition accompanied by enormous pains. All the test come back normal and I thought this test would benefit me.
But the email does not go through from some reason, it says "invalid token" and I tried few times. I would appreciate genuine answe regarding the topic.
Regards
Mor10
Last edited by Mor10 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mor10

Re: Getting Tested

Postby PoetFire » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:46 pm

I would also suggest asking SHeffield Children's Hospital to send the GP a letter/email, as they do the test.
They have a pdf to convince Drs.
It is a NHS test.
Or you could see if a local metabolic unit sees TMAU patients and be referred there.

http://tmau.org.uk/index.php/getting-tested
PoetFire

Re: Getting Tested

Postby Mor10 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:40 am

PoetFire
You say as I do the test to ask Sheffield Hospital to send email or letter to my GP, this means that I would have to pay in advance privately and later ask for an NHS refund. It's complicated and I might not get a refund.
Mor10

Return to general tmau topics