DOES ANYTHING WORK !!!!!

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

DOES ANYTHING WORK !!!!!

Postby gazela » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:49 am

8-) Hi Again to everyone.

:? I was wondering if anyone could actually say for sure that anything they have tried really worked ??

:shock: I have tried everything I can think of and most of the stuff that you all mention on this site and 2 other TMAU self help forums all to no avail.

:oops: I personally think that what ever I do I get nowhere. I think things are working, get a bit easier feeling and then bang all the comments come back to haunt me once again.

:twisted: I then tried using nothing, surprise, surprise, get some good days and some bad, thought seems just the same whether I use all the bits and bobs or nothing at all.

:twisted: I am getting fed up with trying and think I might just STINK and say stuff it to the world. This is me and you can like it or lump it. I AM WHAT I AM ........(think I hear a song comming on)

8-) Gaz
gazela

Re: DOES ANYTHING WORK !!!!!

Postby lyndsey » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi Gazela

Love the attitude I need to learn that! Think I feel the same way but dont think being told by medical profession that no cure helps the hopelessness part in this disorder! One thing (among others) this has taught me is to acquire the skill of patience I think whatever I use I want quick results and Im certainly not getting that. I have made up my mind to stick with one course of action and persist with it see where that gets me. Gazela we will all find what works just keep believing. Hope you burst into song and cheered up your neighbours

Take care

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Postby kittycat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:10 am

Good posts! :D The jury's still out on the yahoo forum on whether the zeolite products Zerotox/Absorbatox and Destroxin really work for tmau. The members are on the case :geek: In the meantime, I bought the zeolite powder Adsorbex to sprinkle in my boots. I've used it for 3 days and have been shopping, meeting friends and knocking back the choline and have had no adverse comments so far. I'll let you know how it goes, but it's fur-ball season in this house, so at least I can use it on the carpets. :roll: Also, this evening, someone has posted a link to the bloodborne ...site where they've printed a flyer that we can give to libraries, doc surgeries etc. It was too blurred for me to read but tomorrow I'll try to send it to my friend's computer for him to print me some copies. I've got a box of drawing pins somewhere!! Love to all, Kx
kittycat

Postby lyndsey » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi Kittycat

What would we do without you and your humour you take the depressing bit away. Thank you.

Take care

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 pm

know exactly what you mean gazela,

im coming to that stage myself where im wondering what to carry on doing and what to ditch to make life easier.

Im going to carry on with the things that I can afford and that cant damage my health ie washing several times day with the acidic soap, changing clothes several times day so dont get build up body chemicals on fabrics, and washing everything after one wear (insoles in shoes, jackets the lot!) I think this makes a difference for me. i dont know if its my imagination, but after following (I think calibans? tip) of using the vanish liquid stain remover with extra hygeine, I smell my bedsheets coming out of the wash much fresher (i think thats where a lot of the body odour accumulates because im sweating for so long in one place!) Also i have a feeling that there might be some skin infection businesss going on with this condition, if we are sweating out alkaline sweat it could be changing the bugs that grow on skin? I know animals esp dogs that have smelly oily coats are prescribed ant ibacteria and fungal shampoos to help shift it - just a thought, might be way off the mark!

Also after hearing charcoal DOESNT absorb nutrients I'll take that regularly because you can get it cheapish when there are multi deals on holland barrat etc.

In case it helps with liver function / detoxification, Im reducing my alcohol even more, to next to nothing. This definately reduces my odour I think.

And the biggy for me is to try to reduce anxiety. so I am investigating antidepressants and relaxation techniques.

And this idea kittycat mentions of spraying a solution on our bodies that can break down the TMA in sweat (?) sounds promising and definately worth apunt.

On the downside, Im not sure antibiotics did much for me. nor the Nullo. dont want to put people off because they might have reduced the odour a bit rather than removing it, but since I usually cant smell the odour, if people are still reacting at all, I have to take that as a fail. same with riibo flavin? B2? i cant judge the outcome well enough to say it worked, buti think i wont bother again with that. Antibiotics can cause as many problems as they cure sometimes so Im thinkng I might not bother taking more. nullo is hard to get a hold of and expensive and I certainly still got 'whats that smell' when taking it 3 times a day.

on the diet front its got to make a difference avoiding egg yolk, and the other foods very high in choline - we got positive sniff and machine test results when we ate them before sending off the urine...but as far as reducing all choline foods generally, Im going to try to reintroduce more choline because I feel its not going to be great for my health long term, plus I still get asked 'whats that smell' when Im eating virtually white rice on its own! like you say, stuff em! i smell ,get over it!! Do check out the sugar theory that a couple of people here have mentioned though. I think there might be more in that that could be useful.

Dont worry gazela, we'll crack this eventually. :geek: It just might take a bit longer than we hoped! ;)
smelly

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:31 pm

and gazela, thanks for the humour - appreciated :lol:
smelly

Postby kittycat » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:19 am

'I SMELL...GET OVER IT' reminded me of the t shirts during the Titanic craze, 'IT SUNK...GET OVER IT' I'll get one printed up to wear when I'm fly-posting the bloodborne flyers! I've already handed one in to the docs surgery :D Kx
kittycat

Return to general tmau topics