Emotional well being

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Emotional well being

Postby lyndsey » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi everyone

Just wanted to share a good book with you "the power of focusing a practical guide to emotional self healing" by Ann Cornell. After my very emotional journey home last week I thought enough is enough I need help with the emotional side of this and found this book on amazon for £5 if anyone interested. I actually think I may finish uni with this book its great.

Lyndsey x
lyndsey

Re: Emotional well being

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks Lyndsey another good one is The Secret from amazon all about positive thinking.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby lyndsey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanx Kelly
lyndsey

Postby BLUEY » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Thank you to both sk and lyndsey for the info on the books.

Im really big on the emotional and physcological side of tmau as it is such a massive part of it.

It can be a very damaging and scaring time on the mind when going through the motions of this disorder, so anything which can help us focus and get back to some sort of normal life i think is worth its weight in gold.

I shall be picking up these books as soon as i can, so many thanks again.

Kind regards

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby lyndsey » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi Bluey

Your welcome Bluey its good to get different views on what helps and you really helped by stating not to be ashamed anymore of this condition and proud of yourself and what you have achieved so far. I have taken this attitude on big style and Im going to try and not run away when the going gets tough and stand up for myself! Omg I actually believe I can do this so everyone keep all the things that help going.

Take care

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby BLUEY » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi Lyndsey,

Thanks again for the info on the books, think these books could be beneficial to all of us to be honest cause wether we choose to admit it or not we all get effected mentally and emotionally by this disorder. Some deeper than others so being able to have the resources to self help i think is invaluble! I Guess the concept is the same with a seeing a phycologist there is only so much they can teach you and help you with before you then have to start putting the teaching and techniques into practice! Im so pleased that what i think has helped you if i can pass on my thoughts and experiences and they help others stop going through even a fraction of what i have mentally then i will be a very happy man.

There is nothing to be ashamed with this its not our fault, we should be proud of who we are and what we have achieved in this life and also our goals and aspirations in life,we are all unique in our own way and so are our achievements which we should embrace. Im so pleased you have taken on this attitude and focused mind set, i will be honest with you and its hard to keep it up sometimes especially when you have the days when you are up against it! Some people are like s bloody dog with a bone and wont ever let you forget, you have just got to dig deep within be stuborn and say to yourself im not gonna let you give me a feeling of anxiety for the rest of the day nor a complex for the rest of my life which will hold me back and destroy my quality of life.

I was bullied as a teenager for being overweight and got through that by standing up formyself, for me tmau is like a second coming again but i will be doing the same again stand up for myself and beleive in myself also. You dont have to be aggresive with people but omg you can be assertive which can be far more effective, and rather than you feeling awkward, humiliated and small you will find its them who will be standing there with not an awful lot to say for themselves.

Our disorder cannot be cured so there's gonna be good days and bad days, ive quoted this before but the human will and spirit can be a amazing thing so use it as its our choice in what and which way we use it, be posotive with it and have the life you want and that we all deserve, we are only here once dont let it just be a miserable expereince, live yr life enjoy your life!

Its all about selfbeleiving know one can do this for us it has to come from you, so no matter how hard it gets remember your pride,dignity and your right to be happy just us much as any other, the way i see it i have learnt and know a hell of alot about myself over the years, these people who dont have the time nor the interest to understand us, but just judge us makes me wonder if they really know themselves, nor do they really know in what way they actually show there trueselves. its not something i would say you could be proud of in life.

Sorry for the sa Lyndsey and people of the forum just thoughts and feelings i wanted to share with you all.

Be well take care and beleive in yourselves

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby lyndsey » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:29 am

Hi Bluey

Your right emotional side is a big part of it and I believe that alot of negative thinking and stress has contributed to my body having this disorder and not eating properly I used to drink about 2o cups of coffee a day!
What type do you have Bluey and I am so sorry what you have went through you are obviously a really strong person and should be proud of yourself. Have had problems with my breath for a lot of years just told it was to do with irritable bowel and no cure for it. I have cured my irritable bowel with healthy diet so I have belief the same way I have cured it I will cure this as the body has powerful self healing. This book already has taught me that throughtout my life I have looked after other people's needs and forgot about my own. I hate any form of bullying and would stand up for anyone who is being bullied how can I be so assertive when it is other people and not myself. I have learned that I feel Im not good enough but this is all in the past as your right and my course at uni has taught me to be alot more self aware and non judgemental but appears to have less of an effect on other fellow students and a few lecturers, but then some times people find it hard and dont understand until they walk on anothers shoes. I have forgiven all the comments and put it down to ignorance as all that negativity isnt doing them any harm but it is to me. Your right Im going to embrace my life again and start living again as I have become a near recluse apart form my studies this is not good for my children or me. Good luck and I hope you keep up on your great attitude.

Take care

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby BLUEY » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi Lyndsey

Its good to see you are into the emotional side as much as the treatments themselves, i think its so important to have a balance between the both as i think its very hard to move foward unless you have this between the two. You could not have a physical episode for weeks but still be in a mindset of worthlessness, ridicule and shame which can stop you in your tracks! I agree negative thinking and stress really aint good for this disorder sometimes i get the feeling it feeds off of it, teamed with being worried and paranoid everytime you go to eat something which is such ashame as food should be savoured and enjoyed. you mentioned about coffee im the same with ciggarettes wish i wasnt though to many fags and to much stress be having problems with me heart next!

I was diagnosed with possible type 2, which wasnt the most conclusive of results to be honest, but the years of ridicule, shame and hurt are more than conclusive for me that something wasnt right and over time you become some what experienced on when someone is having a pop at you. What type do you have lyndsey, thank you for your sympathy on what ive been through and i too send mine to you for what you must of suffered. Ive always been a head strong person guess thats what keep me going, and that i just wont give in or up, would never say that im proud of myself just keep going thats all.

So sorry to hear of your symptoms and what you have been through, its hard going isnt it. I have divaticulitis aswell dont know if i spelt that right? but like you with your iritable bowel have been told i can make it better by diet, think its definatley time you put your own needs first even for alittle time just while you get everything togeahter and are putting yrself in a focused mind set. I hate anyform of bullying to as ive experienced this from my teens thats when i started sticking up for myself and others who i think are vunerable, im a very loyal person in that respect.think the assertive thing goes back to your own needs first, maybe its time you did start being more assertive for you as i think this will benefit your focused mind set alot. its not something that comes over night but over time, you just have to act on what you think is wrong and right and be brave enough to speak up dont be afraid to question something you dont think verbaly is right that has been put to you, remember you dont have to be nasty with it! Just by being direct is more than enough.

Never think you are not good enough lyndsey, you are just a good as any one else and thats really great that you are more self aware and non judgemental remember pride yourself on the fact that you are not like the others who are ignorant and judgemental! Unfortunatley your never gonna keep everyone happy nor change certain individuals outlooks on life and yrself, all that matters is that you are happy and content with you at the end of the day and the ones that matter are the ones who stick by you and are just genuine! You are alot more forgiving than me and i take my hat off to you for that, once someone upsets me on this matter then i pretty much wash my hands of them its just my way of dealing with this disorder mentally as i just dont want there negativity in my life it also helps me keep going.

So go embrace your life and live it to the full start enjoying again, get that achievement you are working so hard for at uni, dont be a recluse as ive done the same. You should see the things i see and experience now when i take my motorbike out i absolutley wouldnt change it for anything, i totally admire you for doing uni and looking after your kids whilst coping with this disorder, you are the one who should be proud of yrself as i think what you are doing is amazing! Goodluck and keep going you are doing so well remember attitude and mind set is everything.

Take care and kind regards

Bluey
BLUEY

Postby lyndsey » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:15 am

Hi Bluey

I have all the symptoms but have not had test yet trying alternative medicine first. Firstly live in N Ireland so little chance of seeing Dr Lachmann and secondly now and then do agency work in health and social care. Every job I go for have to have medical report so at present minute dont want that diagnosis until I finish studies for fear of discrimination. But also have faith in alternatives as well. Thats good having secondary you should be able to control it better, I like you smoke I stopped for nine months and couldnt stick the smell of myself (lol) and started again, it as well I can laugh that was a joke it was the stress of uni put me back on them. But I believe Rome wasnt build in a day I need to tackle one thing at a time here and when I wasnt smoking craving really bad foods. I am hoping that my taste buds have changed so much when I attempt to give up next time I wont crave those sugary food again going to try hypnotist for that, but not until I finish my studies. The reason I,m chosing hypnotist is I was hypnotisted on holiday once (before all this Tmau) and could not believe that it worked. I can not dance yet there I was up on stage doing a river dance like a true professional omg the power of the mind.

Bluey thanks for all your messages you are really good at cheering people up you should be a counsellor or a life coach. Wishing you good luck and give up those cigs when you feel ready to and thanks again for all the guidance, away to write an essay now that I seriously have been putting off for days now.

Take care

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby BLUEY » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:10 pm

You are very welcome for the msgs lyndsey and am so glad that they have been of use.
Keep up being you and that great attitude you have, your a credit to others, yourself and your children.
You are doing an amazing job of coping, being positive and getting on with your life and im sure you will have every success in life if you keep giong this way. Im sorry for the shortend reply tonight but if you read my other post under inspirational storys you will understand why im abit out of steam tonight.

Take care and best wishes

Bluey
BLUEY

Return to general tmau topics