need some advice

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

need some advice

Postby lyndsey » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi everyone

Need some advice from people that understand was at university today , went into my tutor group and my tutor stated we would be having a fresh air break and if any of wanted to go outside and work that was fine. She told us to get into groups with people we felt comfortable working with, and guess what I was left sitting so I just got up and left with some of the ones going outside and went home crying while I was driving. What would you do ask the tutor was she referring to you or simply give up university as I feel like doing.

Sorry guys for feeling so negative but I am finding it hard to cope with this at the minute which is not like me any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Lyndsey
lyndsey

Re: need some advice

Postby magsie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi,
Firstly I shall say that we can feel very touchy & emotionally on edge with a body odour condition. So it is possible that the tutor suggesting students going outside for a fresh air break was just becuase of the nice weather - been lovely & sunny here this afternoon & if you can study in the grounds then maybe that's what she wanted.
When I started my current job I remember being on the alert because each month end the management have to do reports from the computer & download figures etc... mentioning that because they have to do reports on Business Objects - which they call BO reports for short! I'd not come across that term before & I felt like they kept a log of my smells! when I heard them talking about it.
Being left alone when instructed to get into a group.... well that often happens to people at school, whether they've got an illness or not. Perhaps the illness is making you a bit shy & nervous around others, and they pick up on that & so they congregate with those in their normal social group, and exclude the ones they don't know well.
Have you tried the low choline diet at all, because that could probably help you reduce instances of odours.
Its hard whether at school/university/work to be amongst others who don't understand our problem. You can't afford to spend every hour you're at university feeling on edge & worrying because you need to concentrate on your studies.
Remember sometimes other people smell too.... without a medical condition... or that they've been eating garlic the night before or they have wind after a curry... or are eating smelly food around you. Its not always us, so try & be strong.
magsie

Postby lyndsey » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Hi Magsie

Your advice is much appreciated you made me laugh and give me courage to face another day at uni I have only another nine weeks to go then I will be out of the place and going on placement and then finito magsie I hope I can give you a bit of inspiration one day.

Thanks Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Lyndsey,
Know how you're feeling, bad day for me today. My Tmau wee smell is back, totally gutted! Going to see Dr. Lachmann on Tuesday, so hoping he can help. Not sure if I ask for more antibiotics, and am wondering if I've got it back is because after my last course, I didnt back up with probiotics? Last antibiotics was on the 7 Sept. Really confused, diet helps with breath smell, antibiotics eradicate wee smell, but it returns every 6wks or so. Dont know how I can cope anymore with this. My doctor is useless, only gives me antibiotics, never offers help etc. Bad day. Grrrrr :cry:
Lisa

Postby lyndsey » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi Lisa

Sorry to hear about your bad day I put some inspiritional quotes on that helped me feel more positive last night. I hope you have some success with Dr Lachmann on Tuesday. I was doing a bit better during summer and was totally chilled out goin back to uni and back three weeks and stressed out again. Tried chorophyll but didnt work for me changed probiotics last Friday as advised to change them every six months as body got used to them went on to Dr Ohhrias and milk thistle for liver and came down with flu symtoms and the smell hit the roof wondered was this a good sign that the body was getting rid of toxins.

Lisa I wrote down all the bad feelings I was having yesterday and then burned the piece of paper so that my body wasnt holding on to those negative thoughts and then thought of all my positive things that have happened to me and what I should be proud of. It takes courage and strength to deal with this and thats fine qualities in a person, please cheer up and hope you have a great weekend.

Take care
Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi Lyndsey,
Glad you're feeling a little better today, hate days like this. It'll be ok, everyone has off days, and todays mine. Grrr. Has your smell lessened any? Can you smell it yourself, is yours thru your breathe?
Lisa

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Lisa
Sorry to hear that your symptoms are back.
I would be interested to here what Dr Lachmann says, I am seeing him on 12th Nov.
I guess mine will be difficult to manage, as they are quite severe.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby Lisa » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:24 pm

Kelly,
My app. is the 12 Oct, Tuesday. Will post on here if I've any more news/helpful hints. Good luck with yours.x
Lisa

Postby lyndsey » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Lisa

Hope you feeling a bit better today. In answer to your questions mine was mainly from my breath but started university two years ago, my 21 year relationship broke up, stop smoking and moved house so there was stressors there and then this body odour appeared and smell of my urine and has been ongoing. I cant seem to find what in my diet helps eating low choline and yeast and sugar free so barely anything to eat same foods over and over again. I get intermittent smells myself and more recently smelt them more however diet has cleared my sinus problems and maybe the odour has always been there and only now I am beginning to smell it. My children and family cannot smell it or maybe they just dont want to tell me. Based on peoples reactions it is worse. I had a colognic done the man was able to tell I had severe stress, candida and was unable to digest red meat and pasta from it. He said the odour I smelt was stress, Caliban is right stress a bit factor however its a vicious circle the odour problems causes us stress and stress makes our odour worse.

But on a more positive note Lisa we just have to keep hoping to be cured. Good luck with Dr Lachmann let me know how you get on and keep your chin up.

Take care

Lyndsey
lyndsey

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Thanks Lisa that will be great and I will add anything else that I find out on 12th Nov.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Next

Return to general tmau topics