Anyone from Cornwall/Devon here?

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Anyone from Cornwall/Devon here?

Postby Joelio5 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:45 pm

I Just posted in the newcomers section, TMAU2 Diagnosed, I'm from cornwall and would love to meet somone near who also has this condition.

PM or write here if interested :)

Thanks Joel
Joelio5

Re: Anyone from Cornwall/Devon here?

Postby Lisa » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi,

I'm in Cornwall. :D

Where are you?
Lisa

Postby Joelio5 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:52 am

I'm from good old Polperro! which is near Looe if you dont know it haha. Basic histrorical fishing village, fathers a fisherman and all!

Where abouts do you reside? :D

Dreckly
Joel
Joelio5

Postby Lisa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:27 am

Ooo, lovely Polperro.
I'm in Bude.
Lisa

Postby Joelio5 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Ahhh nice, pretty place Bude :), well i can drive to Bude? can be anywhere i dont mind.

Could really do with some words of wisdom, you seem a lot more clued up and more experienced with this condition than i am.

My TMAU isn’t that severe i don’t think, majority of the time i get away with most people not noticing, though I think I have my bad days. So anything I can do extra to combat it I will, already on diet and some supplements.

Let me know if your free anytime :)

Thanks
Joel
Joelio5

Postby Lisa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi Joel,

Us TMAU'ers can't smell each other apparently, so don't worry, not that I'm bothered by it.
Yes, I would like to meet up with you, am tied up for the next few weeks, but will PM you when I have some free time, and make sure it's convienant for you.
But, before we arrange anything, there is a very important Q I would like you to answer if you wouldn't mind?
Are you an axe murderer? Lol.

Speak soon.
Lisa

Postby Joelio5 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 am

Yeah i heard the same, wouldn’t know even if i did meet another sufferer haha.

Thats fair enough, whenever your free :)! I’m quite available as I am a Student

Haha no I’m a lot more boring than that

Will put you at ease if you knew a bit about me I’m called Joel Harman facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/joel.harman.7

Joel_harman@hotmail.com if that doesn’t come up

Im 26 years old and I live with my son age 3 and my girlfriend age 22, I’m University student of Exeter studying mining engineering down at Tremough

Trained IT Technician

I travelled south east Asia and Australia for 2 years (where I got this illness)

I’m a bit of a nerd, ok a massive nerd, I’m probably more educated on Trimethylaminuria than I’ve made out, I’ve done a massive amount of research on it over the past year.

I do lack knowledge on how to best cope with this, it has affected my mental health though I try to pretend it hasn’t, I took a year out of university because of it (though I made out it was something else).

Mainly I want to chat in person to someone who will actually understand me, my family can’t smell me, neither can my girlfriend, they all think I’m crazy even with a positive result.

I think it’s best for safety reasons if people when meeting someone online to meet somewhere public so no one can get an axe out haha :D
Joelio5

Postby PinkPanther » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Joelio5 wrote:
Mainly I want to chat in person to someone who will actually understand me, my family can’t smell me, neither can my girlfriend, they all think I’m crazy even with a positive result.

Just wanted to say I know how you feel. It took me years (literally, about 18 years!) to pluck up the courage to mention it to my partner and he acted like I was nuts and said he didn't know what I was talking about. Even if he can't smell it himself, I caught him once giving a "stfu" glare to a shop assistant who was talking about my BO, so he must be aware of it.

I hope you get to have a successful meet-up. It's good to talk :)
PinkPanther

Postby Lisa » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Pink panther,

Want to be my friend on FB?
I have other TMAU- ers on my friends list, the more the merrier. :D
Or, you can PM on here if you would like to chat?
L. x

Joel,
Have messaged you on FB.
Lisa

Return to general tmau topics