Petrol smell....

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Petrol smell....

Postby atlantis » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:16 pm

Happy New Year everyone !! Was wondering if anyone else has had
a petrol odour an if they know possibly what food might of triggered it . It's not one I've had before an was definitely me I couldn't smell it at first but every one else did an when I did it was incredible how strong it was -an not a car in sight . Am laughing now but the two other mums I was with were extremely puzzled an concerned about it .
atlantis

Re: Petrol smell....

Postby PinkPanther » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Never heard of that before, certainly never been told I smell like Petrol (would be a welcome change from poo, farts and rotten eggs!).

The chemical that gives petrol it's odour is benzene, so that's a start I 'spose.

I love the smell of petrol, I really missed it when I owned a diesel car for a few years.

Sorry I can't help, but I'll be very interested to hear an update if you ever find the cause.
PinkPanther

Postby atlantis » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:54 am

Have been reading about benzene an apparently it's in cigarette s. ...... I smoke ! Maybe a possible cause , but have never knowingly experienced that before. Yet another reason to give up
atlantis

Postby robert123 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:08 pm

Afraid I can't really help you Atlantis in terms of what foods to eat or not but the petrol smell has happened to me a few times. Actually it's more of a diesel smell with me; it doesn't happen too much thankfully though again like PinkPanther was saying it may be better than I normally smell. Btw I don't smoke though if you're using that as a reason to give up smoking please please don't let me put you off. What a weird outlandish condition we have, if I hadn't seen this forum and one or two others I'd swear I was going mad.
robert123

Return to general tmau topics