Advice needed please

general questions and discussions

Moderator: admin

Advice needed please

Postby krispy10 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:07 pm

I am going abroad at the end of the month. Every time i go abroad my condition gets so much worse. I still want to live my life and not lock myself away. I eat for my condition as best as I can but what Suntan lotion would be best? Does chlorine from the pool effect it? Last year I took travel 3million pro biotic capsules from Holland and Barrat. That was a massive mistake. Constant comments the whole time I was there. It really hurt but I don't want to hide away all my life. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
krispy10

Re: Advice needed please

Postby Lisa » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:48 pm

Hey Krispy,

Although I wouldn't recommend it too often, how about you have a course of antibiotics before you go, followed by some Optibac probiotics? Just to give you some relief for your holiday?
Drink plenty of water, and sweat it out, stick to chicken/ turkey, some salad, potatoe?
I don't use any particular brand of sunscreen, have a shower when you get up, and one before your evening meal, that way, if your sunscreen does cause a reaction it is gotten rid of after sunbathing/ swimming/ activities. Not sure if chlorine has an effect on our odour, is there a shower by the pool you could use just to "swill" off so to speak?
If you try and relax that will help.
Biggest bit of advice I can give you? Sod it, enjoy yourself, it is very unlikely you will see any of them again, so have a wonderful time!!! Xx

P. S. Where are you going?
Lisa

Postby krispy10 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you Lisa. I'm going to Lanzarote. I stank the place out the last time I went abroad. I've never heard of Optibac. I will look that up. I'm looking forward to the break but I can't help fretting.
Thanks for the advice. X
krispy10

Postby krispy10 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:20 pm

Just checked on Optibac. Which one shall I buy? There are different types.
krispy10

Postby Lisa » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:11 pm

The Everyday ones. x

Please don't fret, you are on holiday, relax n enjoy. xx
Lisa

Postby Maisie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi Krispy

I've just come back from Fuerteventura and I did exactly what Lisa said. I had a course of antibiotics which finished the week before I went and took my usual probiotics, vitamin B2, multi vitamin and Kalms(!). I also packed some charcoal tablets in case I felt I'd overindulged! I used Piz Buin suntan lotion (the anti allergy one but only because most sun creams make my eyes run!) but I don't think it matters which one you use. We were all inclusive and I drank whatever cocktails I fancied! (Lots!!!). I also drank gallons of water as it was really hot. I was reasonably careful about what I ate but if I fancied ice cream or a pudding I had one. I didn't hear any adverse comments.

As Lisa said, it's unlikely you'll ever see any of them again so enjoy yourself. You'll meet some nice people who won't be able to smell anything anyway.

Have a lovely holiday and let us know how you got on when you get back.

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby krispy10 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:48 am

Hiya Maisie.

I'm really glad you had a great holiday. I am feeling calmer about going away. I managed to get the Antibiotics ( not without a struggle from my GP) I bought Optibac which I have started taking now. I am also taking my B2 and I think that alone is making a slight difference. For two days no one has covered their nose when talking to me or doing a big sniff when they walk into my work area. I might be wrong but I'm not feeling so down.
Thank you both for your advice . You have helped me loads. Xx
krispy10

Postby Lisa » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Have a wonderful time! x
Lisa

Postby Ms Bananas » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:59 am

Krispy, the only sunscreen lotion I use is Hawaian Tropic. It doesn't start to smell on the skin like other brands I've tried and it's good quality too. SPF 30 lotion is the one I use now. Have a good vacation.
Ms Bananas

Postby Maisie » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:58 am

Hi Krispy

Have a fantastic time and tell us all about it when you come back,

Maisie x
Maisie

Next

Return to general tmau topics