Doctor has (finally) relented...

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Doctor has (finally) relented...

Postby LJNLindsay » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:41 pm

After having written to my GP, again, & with input from Dr Lachmann, I now have the necessary equipment to proceed with the test.

I had fish, chips & peas for my dinner this evening, plus chocolate during the day. Tomorrow, & Wednesday, I plan to do the suggested choline load plan & then, all being well, post my sample off on Thursday. Of course I realise that there is then a 3-5 week wait for the results.

I've been instructed to send the sample back to Dr Manning at Sheffield's children's hospital but there is no address for this on the documentation I was given from my own GP. Could someone please give me the address, or a link to where I might find it?

This test has been such a long time coming &, as I've said before, I need to know one way or the other. Trouble is, I dread the test coming back negative & then my GP saying "I told you so". That said, if I do have tmau, I'm not sure that I personally would be strong enough to deal with it...

...I don't mean that in anyway disrespectful to those of you that are dealing with tmau (especially those of you that have the severest form). But, having ALWAYS super, super sensitive to any form of criticisim/rejection, etc, I just don't know how I'd cope with a *positive* result.

As it stands now (& for the last 20 years) I've been living a life of paranoia: constantly being told by various doctor's, nurses, cpn's, psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, & many other 'professionals' not to mention close family members, that it is 'all in my head' & that it's part of my body dysmorphia, etc. I dunno. Either way it's driving me crazy.

Argh....

Anyway, I shall keep you updated.

Thanks x
"When No One Else Cares; My Dogs' Still Love Me"
LJNLindsay

Return to getting diagnosed