Moderator: admin

Test Results

Postby dev » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm

TMA 9.7
TMAO 53
TMA/TMAO 0.18
Creatinine 10.0

This is for the second sample I sent.

The report also reads the first sample was TMA 7.6, but the GP asked me for a second urine sample with this letter:
"Dr. ------ has recived the result of your urine sample. Unfortunately this will need to be repeated due to the sample being unsuitable for processing when recived by the lab.

Please bring the enclosed form and collect a white top bottle from the surgery."

I sent the second sample the 16th of April and the GP has been telling me for more than 2 months that they did not have the results. This week they are telling me the results are ready and the 'print-out' says ---- Received: 22-May-2013 ----.

I don't know what to think about this. Lies? Mistakes? Both?

I need some help here.

Because of this string of lies (or whatever): How can I confirm these results are true?

BTW I am trying with the low choline diet and I can't notice anything else than my urine is more clear, but the comments around me continue as usual. I don't feel any remarkable change.
dev

Re: Test Results

Postby PoetFire » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am

I am no expert and this is just my opinion.

I guess there are 3 things to consider in the test
1 is the TMA level
2 is the TMA/TMAO ratio (done in other labs as a % of TMA oxidized)
3 How the test reference range compares with other labs.

In this case your TMA was in the Sheffield normal range (< 10.9) and the TMA/TMAO ratio is in the normal range for Sheffield.

Then when comparing to other labs.
Arkansas have a TMA normal level of something like <7 so that would make your TMA slightly high there. But in most labs it would probably be in the normal range

Your TMAO oxidizing capacity is the TMA/TMAO ratio as a % which is about 83%
I think other labs think normal should be >85%, >90%, perhaps even >95%. Personally I think for sure above 90% (possibly conservative) every time to consider ruling out FMO3 deficiency as a suspect of the malodor problem. I think a normal person should have >95%.

personally I think Sheffield is too conservative but that's just my opinion.In the end it depends how you want to interpret the result.

For some reason I also think that people that would pass my reference range do have a FMO3 susceptibility (false negatives) , but I don't know why they pass the test. Maybe sometimes it dips when under a load e.g.
PoetFire

Postby dev » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks for your explanation.
dev

Postby SmellyKelly » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi All

Just got my fourth test results after over two/three years of diet.

TMA 6.2
TMA n Oxide 73.9
TMA/TMA n Oxide 0.08

Very low in vitamin D so need supplements again and feel no improvement with odour!
Back to Candida treatment now.

SKx
SmellyKelly

Return to getting diagnosed