Diagnosis

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Re: Diagnosis

Postby smelly » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Yes kittycay, I too have a very vivid imagination (which is being re-awakened by the sleeping pils/ anti-depressants Im taking at the mo - more in appropriate section of board, time permitting!....)

I have always had a really strong cinema-like image of merkap when i read her posts. ....in Crea Concept grey and muted knitwear, with blonde / greying wavy hair that is in an up-do with tendrils coming down and she lives in a tiny stone cottage surrounded by snow and theres a log fire and its always very atmospheric – dark with just the fire light and some out-of-shot lamps...and she always looks very happy with a wry half smile.....
smelly

Postby merkap » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:51 am

Really nice and captivating picture you are painting ‘s’ ! Kind of Sir Doyle-ish I think!
But here is the cruel reality:
Helly Hansen Teddy, very few knitwear, short grey spikes and with upward tendrils only in the mornings, no stone – wood, XY gender, blessed a long time ago with my own neat, sweet XX however sometimes with a steel spine. Grown-up grandchildren are 800 km to the south but the nice neighbor couple's lovely 4-year kid girl (who wants to move in here) gets spoiled by us.

But the snow part in the picture is more than right at present and the work with this white stuff is causing some slight diesel oil aroma around the Helly Hansen's afterwards.

Great X-mas to you all and don’t get lost in the X-mas shopping crowds!
Last edited by merkap on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merkap

Postby kittycat » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi smelly and merkap
Yes I've had to draw on Ibsen/The Snow Goose type barren loneliness, with more snow, when reading merkap. Rainy Stockholm in June didn't really count. Nice archipelagos though! I think clearing the snow with machinery and filling the wood burner def suggested XY. Although XX would be doing it in this house :( Def sympathize with the steel spine :roll:
Glad the drugs are working smelly, it's all in there, but the boring mundanity of worrying about BO crushes the spirit.
I wish you both a lovely, peaceful Christmas ... :D :D ....love kittyx
kittycat

Postby smelly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:32 pm

:D
smelly

Postby kittycat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:03 pm

I thought I had an appt on 6th with a biochemist, but looking up Dr., I find that he's a Gastroenterologogist, with an interest in genetic liver disease, in South London people with Celtic ancestry.... Perfect! Like most of London, I've an Irish heritage with a bit of Yiddish :D I think he may well have heard of Tmau !! :D .... I've read before that Tmau may have genetic links to Celtic races, anyone else on this forum with that background? I'm just hoping that I don't feel I'm wasting his time, when he's seeing Crohn's/Coeliac/worse sufferer's ,and all I suffer is a smell. I've got to remember how it's (tried!) to ruin my life, and not play it down. (Or let him) I've kind of forgotten where I was heading with this...I know I wanted more education of it, and for probiotics to be prescribed with antis. I'll write a list, otherwise I'll be in a blind panic....lostconfidencecat! x
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 pm

If you google Dr S Moodie, and go to 'services offered' you'll see three types of breath test. Have any Tmau/IBS/Etc sufferers on this forum been offered these on the NHS?
Also 'Patient Info and Links' interesting....mentions VSL#3...'LIKELY TO BECOME AN ORTHODOX PRESCRIPTABLE TREATMENT' !!!!!!!!
Can't wait for Thursday now :D Kx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:59 pm

:( Have just realised it's under 'Ulcerative Colitis' so might only be on prescription for that... We ought to lobby...I'll ask him if it's worth lobbying..Kx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi Kittycat
Let me know what they say about VSL3 as I was thinking of getting it.
Think its quite expensive, but willing to try and see if it makes a big difference.
Thanks
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby flower » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:07 am

Hi Kittycat and SK

Maybe it is interesting for you,
I have been diagnosed a few years ago with IBS
I never heard of tmau at that moment and I thought there was someting wrong with my colon,....

I never did the types of breath testing , Kittycat.

Maybe VSL#3 is also an option for me, haven t starting probiotics yet because
I still don t know which I would take, ...

Succes with your appointment on the sixth januar, Kittycat
Hope he can help you.
Maybe you have got some interesting information for us to.

Flower
flower

Postby Maisie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Kittycat

kittycat wrote:I thought I had an appt on 6th with a biochemist, but looking up Dr., I find that he's a Gastroenterologogist, with an interest in genetic liver disease, in South London people with Celtic ancestry.... Perfect! Like most of London, I've an Irish heritage with a bit of Yiddish :D I think he may well have heard of Tmau !! :D .... I've read before that Tmau may have genetic links to Celtic races, anyone else on this forum with that background? I'm just hoping that I don't feel I'm wasting his time, when he's seeing Crohn's/Coeliac/worse sufferer's ,and all I suffer is a smell. I've got to remember how it's (tried!) to ruin my life, and not play it down. (Or let him) I've kind of forgotten where I was heading with this...I know I wanted more education of it, and for probiotics to be prescribed with antis. I'll write a list, otherwise I'll be in a blind panic....lostconfidencecat! x

Although I live in Cornwall, I was born in Lancashire and my great-grandfather (on my father's side) was Scottish. My mother's family, I think, have Irish roots so I'm a bit of a mix but interesting that TMAU could have links to Celtic races.

I'd be interested to hear if the doctor thinks VSL#3 could be of help to TMAU sufferers. I was about to click on "Buy" on a site when I got cold feet and thought I'd see what you found out first! It sounds as though it would help but by the time the postage is added on, ten sachets were £23.95. It would be fantastic if we could get this on the NHS (I can dream!!!).

Good luck with your appointment on the 6th.

Love Maisie x
Maisie

PreviousNext

Return to getting diagnosed