Help with test results

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Help with test results

Postby Alfie » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi,

These are the results for the TMAU urine test I did about a year ago without first doing the choline load. At the time my doctor said that it was normal and so I looked at different possible causes for my odour. As this has proved fruitless I recently went to see a different doctor about repeating the test(properly) and about my results in general. He took an entirely different approach, saying that my TMA and TMA-n=Oxide were both on the high side of normal and that I should look to try the TMAU diet for 2 months. Whilst I appreciated that he wanted to help me, I dont think he really knew too much about TMAU. He also was not prepared for me to do the test again, as he considered the high ranges to be red flags for TMAU.

TMA 10.5 (normal range 2.5 - 10.9)
TMA-n=Oxide 146 (normal range 17.0 - 147.0)
TMA/TMA-n-Oxide 0.07 (normal range 0.05 - 0.21 )

TMA and TMA/Oxide are both high.

But TMA/TMAnOxide is well within the normal limits. My understanding of TMAU is that it is the final variable that is by far the most important, but my own knowledge is fairly limited.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is it worth trying a low choline diet for 2 months?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Alfie

Re: Help with test results

Postby Lisa » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi Alfie,
If I was you I would contact Dr. Lachmann, or Nigel Manning, tell them you didnt do the choline load for the test, and ask them if you can have another test, or, to explain things a little further to answer your Q's.
Hope this helps.
:)
Lisa

Postby Alfie » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks for the response Lisa. How would I go about contacting them, is it possible to just email them, or must communication be through my own doctor?
Alfie

Postby Lisa » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Alfie, you can email them, or phone them.
Lisa

Return to getting diagnosed