Urinary tract infection.

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Urinary tract infection.

Postby Monkeyman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Would urinary tract infection give you body odour.
Monkeyman

Re: Urinary tract infection.

Postby Adrian » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:43 pm

I think urinary tract infection is basically a bacterial infection. Which could make your urine smell. Body odour is produced through your sweat glands. I guess if you have an over growth od bacteria in could alter your smell. If you have a UTI it is probably worth sorting that out first before you worry about TMAU.
Adrian

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi MM............UTI's make you hot and feverish, and if you took antibiotics that might kick-start Tmau in likely sufferers....Drink cranberry juice with at least 15-25% cranberry, which is ok for Tmau..... or take cranberry capsules, but read for any nasties added to those.....Kcx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 pm

My £land sell O/Spray dried cranberries, so good for snacking, but have added sugar and sunflower oil.......x
kittycat

Postby smelly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Morrisons used to sell sun-dried cranberries - so no sulphur to preserve them - and no added sugar if anyone has problems with either of those. I dont know if they still do them because I decided that fruit sugars might be adding to my odour so stoppped eating them.

Im getting deja vu on this topic so apologies if Ive posted this before :) but Ive come across a couple of people in the past who had 'kidney' problems who had a urine odour about them. i dont know what the actual medical issue was, it was when I was younger and didnt think it was something relating to me that needed investigating....But kidneys/ urinary tract / bacteria make a smell / urinary tract infection .... I did wonder at one point if that might be a cause for me, but i presume there would be a lot of pain involved? I know I had cystitis once and by g@d I knew about that!
smelly

Return to getting diagnosed