Candida

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Candida

Postby Monkeyman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Is it impossible to be diagnosed with TMAU when you really have candida.I have read that the symptoms are similiar.
Monkeyman

Re: Candida

Postby smelly » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 am

I cant see why you would test positive for tmau if you dont have it but instead have candida. You could have tmau and candida i suppose. Best to get tested
smelly

Postby smelly » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:47 am

One thing I thought I read about giving a false positive (I think on a scientific paper linked on the is site) was if you have a urinary tract infection, that can produce a high level of TMA (i think maybe the bacteria produce it?) so if you hand in a urine sample to be tested for tmau it could come back positive for tmau when really you have an infection that needs sorting out. Dont know if the antibiotics they give for tmau would wipe that infection out so they are covering both bases there?
smelly

Postby smelly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:30 pm

It may be a complete coincidence but a few times recently Ive had a binge on bread and sugar and my stomach has swelled up - a lot - like Im pregnant. Then Ive drank water with grapefruit seed extract in it and the swelling has gone down. The GFSE is supposed to be anti-fungal. Doesnt hurt to try it, the only thing that stops me taking it regularly is that its so bitter - its pretty foul
smelly

Postby Lisa » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Had a quick glance at Candida symptoms, and wonder if I have this as well as TMAU2? BUT, can Candida make your urine and breathe smell too?
Any info would be good.
Thanks
Lisa

Postby idealist » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:43 am

Hi there,

I have been having this conversation with people for the past 2weeks. The smell with Candida is not the same as TMAU, You may smell of fish but it often in the genital area, and bad breath can also be an indicator. However it is often a sweet yeast like smell with candida, although other factors could make you have other types of smell/ reaction to food (such as stress). Go to your doctor and talk about your concerns and see what he or she says.

Personally, I've stopped eating sugary foods -fruit juice, pasta, cakes, chocolate and yeast -bread etc (for 6 months). Although it has only been a week, I have noticed a change in not just my smell (which was becoming very sweet but a sick sweet smell) but other things have improved and I can easily identify my odour when I do smell (if it coming from my feet or breath...). However I think stress is also a big trigger..... I also have many family members with diabetes (I tested negative a few years ago) and I was told that I should abstain from eating food the contained yeast and sugary food just in case.....

As I have tested negative for TMAU :roll: I am not that strict with the diet anymore, I try and avoid egg and fish, I have not eaten any other meat for over 14yrs but everything else on the list I eat in moderation.

I was going to try the Grapefruit seed... over xmas and keep a food /reaction journal to make sure I am aware what foods are really having an effect on me and what is happening in my life when the smell is really bad. Sometimes making mental notes is not good enough.

I think Lyndsey had posted on this topic so maybe you should read some of her posts, I think she went and saw a herbalist .......

ps - SMELLY aren't people who bloat on wheat have Celiac Disease or IBS?
Good luck :D
idealist

Postby smelly » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:53 pm

idealist wrote:ps - SMELLY aren't people who bloat on wheat have Celiac Disease or IBS?

idealist, I have tested neg for coeliac but I think wheat is a common bloat trigger. its the sugar that is more unusual in causing a reaction and all medics have told me there is no connection between ill health and sugar :roll: (apart from diabetis obviously)

Going off subject a bit but ..... I read a scientific paper the other day that said something about gastric dumping - if you dont process sugars well your stomach empties the food very quickly and pushes it through intestines as great speed causing sudden rush to toilet, and it said something about I think inability to process fats as well, I cant remember it all - it didnt really give any solutions or treatment so I just glanced over and moved on but its interesting to read about REAL problems people have with food that medics acknowlege amongst themselves, and then comparing it with the THERES NO SUCH THING versiion we get when we go to the doctors :lol:
smelly

Postby jasmine78888 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:15 am

it is really nice post i like this info i appreciate this post keep it up......... :D
jasmine78888

Postby blackbee045 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:15 pm

I've stopped eating sugary foods -fruit juice, pasta, cakes, chocolate and yeast -bread etc (for 6 months). Although it has only been a week, I have noticed a change in not just my smell (which was becoming very sweet but a sick sweet smell) but other things have improved and I can easily identify my odour when I do smell (if it coming from my feet or breath...). However I think stress is also a big trigger..... I also have many family members with diabetes (I tested negative a few years ago) and I was told that I should abstain from eating food the contained yeast and sugary food just in case.....
GuL
blackbee045

Return to getting diagnosed