confused and depressed HELP!

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

confused and depressed HELP!

Postby smellynelly » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:27 pm

hey guys can anyone tell me weather it is best to get tested either with blood or urine
as im having to pay coz my dr wont consider me for the nhs well the guy wont consider me
for much! does the blood test find out if u have tmau or is it jst for wen uve been diagnosed?
its quite expensive to have both im nt workin as i had a terrible accident last year!
this is really gettin me down!! i hit rock bottom yesterday wen i was told i smell like a dead animal
infront of my gf ive never been more embarrassed! not for me but for her! i can take the
insults but she looked mortified! so kinda need to get diagnosed so my prick of a dr will actually
listen to me nt think im a hypocondiac!

thanks in advance
a very deprest
smellynelly
smellynelly

Re: confused and depressed HELP!

Postby kittycat » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Sorry you're depressed nelly, it's difficult to deal with this condition when you're down..The obvious thing is to get back to the doc, with your girlfriend to back you up, and print-outs about Tmau..I don't know if it would help you, but I developed a 'visualization technique' when I used to drive in the London rush hour every day. So, instead of imagining sticking my secateurs in a driver who was overtaking the queue and pushing in, I imagined he was rushing his sick cat to the vet...What I'm saying is, when you go back to see your pr/ck of a doc, just imagine that he studied for years to be in a job that he hates and he's no good at, but he's got a mortgage, and kids who won't stand on their own two feet until they're nearly thirty...He sits everyday listening to people whineing about their problems, and not one of them cares about his...and some days he has to tell someone that they have cancer, or one of his patients dies...I think we find doctors, and nurses, a bit uncaring sometimes, but can you imagine doing that job if you had a soft heart? You wouldn't survive...
You shouldn't have to pay for the urine test from Sheffield. So go back, be kind, and see if you get any kindness back this time :D . Good luck and let us know how you get on, kcx
kittycat

Re: confused and depressed HELP!

Postby malory » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 am

Brilliant advice from Kitty; great idea to do that visualisation technique.
Remember it is your right to get an NHS referral to have the urine test via Sheffield. Maybe you could try a different doctor in the same practice? I did this last week with my GP surgery and the second doctor I saw was absolutely lovely and gave me everything I wanted and more. Try again and keep your spirits up - enjoy every minute with your gf; love is a healer.
malory

Return to getting diagnosed