Help before test?

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Help before test?

Postby Bling74 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi all, I have finally been told I can have a 24hour urine test, can anyone offer any advice if there is anything I should be doing before this?
If there should be a choline load, I have read people have been advised to do this the day before but have also read that it should really be a few days before in order to be effective.
Any advise appreciated

Thanks
Bling74

Re: Help before test?

Postby sacrosanct » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:11 pm

I have seen data which shows that the majority of TMA is expressed between about 12 hours and 16 hours after consumption of high choline foods.

Hence I am not too sure about the days leading up to the test.

However, certainly the day before and during the test you would want to consume foods high in choline.

The best source for the Choline content of foods may be found here =>

https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/8 ... holn02.pdf

I would highly recommend whole eggs, along with beef/chicken/pork. Throw in some beans/nuts for good measure. Also eat things which contain soy, (as simple as white bread these days which is now packed with soy flour because it is cheaper than wheat flour).

Avoid brassicas (sprouts etc.). These contain a chemical which is inhibitory to FMO3 oxidisation, which may lead to a false positive.

Although it sounds logical, I wouldn't eat fish. Fish contains Trimethylamine-N-Oxide, and whilst this readily converts to TMA, you don't need it in your diet. Therefore if your problem only occurs when you eat fish, you don't really have a problem, because you can simply not eat fish. Choline on the other hand is in just about everything.

Good luck with the test.
sacrosanct

Re: Help before test?

Postby sacrosanct » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Just in addition, I would avoid processed foods.

Try to eat natural foods. Processed foods contain additives which I am currently researching into.

For instance a common preservative is Citric Acid. This has been shown to react with Trimethylamine to create Trimethyalmmonium salt which is both odourless and might not get through your intestinal wall and into your results.

Just a pointer.
sacrosanct

Return to getting diagnosed