Getting tested

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Re: Getting tested

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Just to let you know that the SmartNutrition test is still valid.
I have just started seeing Emma Wells for my TMAU diet etc.
She is very helpful and nice.
Kelly
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:04 am

Mebo Research are now offering a UK/Europe Tmau urine testing service (via Sheffield) for £155/160 which may be the answer for sufferers with unsympathetic GPs........The details are on bloodborne body odor & halitosis site or contact uktmautest@meboresearch.org kcx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:06 am

Mebo Research are now offering a UK/Europe Tmau urine testing service (via Sheffield) for £155/160 which may be the answer for sufferers with unsympathetic GPs........The details are on bloodborne body odor & halitosis site or contact uktmautest@meboresearch.org kcx
kittycat

Postby Jackal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:33 am

kittycat wrote:Mebo Research are now offering a UK/Europe Tmau urine testing service (via Sheffield) for £155/160 which may be the answer for sufferers with unsympathetic GPs........The details are on bloodborne body odor & halitosis site or contact uktmautest@meboresearch.org kcx

Thanks alot, Seriously thinking about getting this tested.

People Hold their fingers around noses, sheeze and cough around me. like if i walk straight past someone they can cough. alot of sniffing and watering eyes (rarely) another thing to add i get a strong distaste in my mouth. always when i wake up

these are the things the lady in food hospital said. TMAU or is it possible to be something eles.

The only thing is the price of the test and I read on here sometimes their not positive when they have it.
Jackal

Postby kittycat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:23 pm

I can't believe you still haven't had the test for Tmau Jackal! Why haven't you managed to have it done via the NHS? OK maybe you won't test positive, but it's worth a try....It's a great relief to know you have got an identifiable, and real, condition, and you're not the neurotic headcase everyone, from your mum down, thinks you are :cry: ...kcx
kittycat

Postby Jackal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:35 pm

kittycat wrote:I can't believe you still haven't had the test for Tmau Jackal! Why haven't you managed to have it done via the NHS? OK maybe you won't test positive, but it's worth a try....It's a great relief to know you have got an identifiable, and real, condition, and you're not the neurotic headcase everyone, from your mum down, thinks you are :cry: ...kcx

When I went to the doctor, I told him about it and he kinda laughed. He didn't know what it was so asked me to bring info on it which I did.

When I saw him next he said he'll send it off just so I don't have to worry about it. Which he did (pic on previous page) but to general lab. Which I said you have to send it to a percific lab. And when I saw him again he said they said they'd have to send it to a percific place.

Which he said its too expensive to justify when he said he can't see the symptoms. Which to be fair he never reacted to it but the receptionist sure did lol. He ensured me I didn't have this condition.

Ill sort it out on Monday with test above.
Jackal

Postby doll30 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:21 am

Hi everyone,

Dr.Manning have recommended this website to do my TMAU TEST:
http://www.smartnutrition.co.uk/health- ... -syndrome/
http://www.smartnutrition.co.uk

They work with a company called Biolab who would send you the necessary kit to collect a smaller urine sample which is then sent to them. This costs £170 and the report and advice would be sent to you in approximately 4 weeks.

NOTE THAT:THEY ARE A PRIVATE ONLINE CLINIC,RECOMMENDED BY DR.NIGEL MANNING.

Hope i have helped all.
doll30

Postby PoetFire » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:50 pm

deleted by poster
Last edited by PoetFire on Thu May 10, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PoetFire

Postby Jackal » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:10 pm

http://i.imgur.com/X40Vv.png

my results, your thoughts?
Jackal

Postby PoetFire » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks for posting

my reading of it is :
the amount of tma produced by bacteria was quite low (hence the mention of dietary load)
the tma left over was 10.8 which is Sheffields 'borderline' (but arkansas are set at around 6.7)
your tma/tmao ratio was not that good at 0.42. this is a measurement of how well your FMO3 coped with the load
Sheffield reckon it should be under 0.21 but I would say it should be even lower (maybe around 0.1)
This will be why DNA test is suggested

personally I would never go on one reading alone. My own 2 results; the first one said 0.23 for ratio, and 2nd one was 0.07
I tend to believe my first result as I reckon I am a 'mild' tmau1 case. I plan on doing another test.
also imho I would use the same load type as used in USA, a choline tablet load. About 5g I think. I would rather not depend or try to imitate 'diet conditions'

If I could I would use tma capsules rather than choline, but these are not available for obvious reasons.

I dont believe that tmau alone (which i think truly is 'fish odor syndrome') is the correct diagnosis for most of us. I think it is an under-diagnosis and that the real problem is 'fmo3 substrates odor'

I would say the ratio does seem to suggest a slight fmo3 deficiency if odor has been a long-time problem, but not for certain. Other labs use a % rather than a ratio. Yours would work out at around 60% (?)

I do not think this means a 'permanent' odor problem though.

none of this is professional medical advice and is just opinion :)
PoetFire

Previous

Return to getting diagnosed