ILLNESSES WITH SAME SYMPTOMS AS TMAU

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

ILLNESSES WITH SAME SYMPTOMS AS TMAU

Postby Sophie1999 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi guys,

So I recently completed a third TMAU test, over a period of 24 hours. The results have come back within range, and as it was completed after a choline load, my GP believes I do not have the condition. My first and second test came back borderline and normal, so he's reluctant to test any further as he believes that 3 test results should be pretty conclusive to rule out TMAU.

Have any of you tested negative for TMAU and later discovered you had a different condition that gave similar symptoms? I am seeing an ENT as I have swollen sinuses, resulting in a coated tongue and bad breath which could be giving me odour issues. Its bizarre, i dont smell and then I get one big explosion of smell and then it dissipates, does anyone else feel their odour is produced in the same way?

Tempted to ask if I can have DNA testing to rule out type 1 as I still feel there is a chance I have it.. :(

Hope you're all well x
Sophie1999

Re: ILLNESSES WITH SAME SYMPTOMS AS TMAU

Postby PoetFire » Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi Sophie.

I would do the DNA test if you can.
But the way NHS works, you probably need to get a +ve urine test first before you are allowed a DNA test.
Depends on the Dr but most will be that way.

My suspicion is that most of us are 'textbook carriers' (even very mild carriers), but it seems in the real world 'carriers' can smell (at times).

Getting access to the DNA test privately could be awkward.
PoetFire

Return to getting diagnosed