Life after diagnosis

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Re: Life after diagnosis

Postby Lisa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:31 am

Phoned him? He's put out a restraining order against me. Dagnammit! He's a lovely bloke, and very helpful, give him a ring, thats what he's there for. Go for it Kitty. x
Lisa

Postby kittycat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:06 am

Thanks Lisa, I really did lol :lol: Will do...Kx
I was going to ask why if I'm 'diminished', my tma-n-oxide is 360.0. !!
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:30 pm

I phoned him and Lisa's right, he's lovely.. He even answers his own phone!! It seems we shouldn't eat fish for the test as it may give a false reading for TMA-n-oxide, but recommends eggs and baked beans on toast. Then 'start' taking urine samples 3hrs later. I don't remember doing that!... Some people need 2 or 3 tests to compare.... He also said that we can take charcoal constantly as it only removes the gases and not the nutrients... There's no reason not to take the N antibiotic before the M one.... Thinks it's better to see Dr Lachmann before taking any antis. Love kittycat
kittycat

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:48 pm

kittycat,
does that mean we might get a false positive if we eat fish for the test? I was told to have a greasy fish supper the night before taking the urine sample in the morning. I suppose they will be refinig the test and advice as knowledge improves and they get feedback from a bigger number of patients.

And that is really interesting about the charcoal because Ive been completely put off using it because i thought it was absorbing nutrients, and g@d knows i'm not eatingmuch to begin with! And i trust what he says because I think someone said that they do tests for nutrient deficiencies at his clinic (?) so if his patients were taking charcoal everyday and it was causing problems they would see it in the test results. Thats making me think it might be better to eat more choline and take charcoal to try and reduce any resulting odour, rather than restricting choline foods too much. Although i'll be giving the full english breakfast a miss still :oops:

:ugeek: kittycat is smmoookkkiiinnggggggg!!!!
smelly

Postby smelly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 pm

i think we should all send Lachmann Christmas cards this year, to let him know how many people he has 'saved' by giving out all that advice for free, appearing on Tv etc., not just his registered patients. Maybe send some chocs for his staff?
smelly

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:10 pm

That's a lovely idea smelly, but we should send cards to Dr Manning too. He was the Dr I rang today! He's a biochenist so prob knows about charcoal. I'm not sure how much feedback he gets back. He was saying that people were having good success with Nullo, he was surprised that I thought it made me worse. Apart from Caliban has anyone else said that Nullo was working for them? Having said that, people post for a while and then stop. Is it because they've found something that works, and are off doing interesting things shouting 'I'm alright Jack!' or do they lose hope, and the will to care anymore?
Dr Manning said I should go to my doc and could then get charcoal on prescription so why not probiotics? Too expensive to be recognised by NICE perhaps? I'm going to log out and log in again, don't want to start again!!
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:50 pm

I was reading an old post by magsie and she had tma-n-oxide of 1242!!!(poetfire said that it was superhuman :lol: ) she'd eaten fish and chips for her test. ....
I think PureAyre might be worth a try, sharon from yahoo said she'd loved it. (I've started to spray my boots with febreze on the outside, and I think that may be helping a lot.) I thought of the halitosis sufferers as well when I read pureayre website, wondered if it would work as a gargle? Kx
kittycat

Postby kittycat » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Also, was reading colon cleanse websites and found 'Oxypowder', anyone tried that? Then found sites that explained that most seratonin is produced in the digestive system, so tmau/crohns etc likely to be affected. (One thread mentioned tryptophan to try before prozac). So our depression could be physical. (not just caused when we realise that the average person is a nasty, two-faced bully :evil: )(not that I'm bitter! :( ) Well done for making that connection to my smell improvement, smelly :D The other change I made at that time was switching Ribena for cranberry juice. Now cranberry stops bacteria from adhering to the bladder wall ,does it also do that in the GI ,or was it just less sugary than Ribena? Sorry it's all a bit random, but we might as well chat amongst ourselves til they find the cure, and we can all skip off into our own sunsets......fatcat x
kittycat

Postby smelly » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Im mentally filing away 'cranberry juice' for when i get to the stage that my guts can haandle fruit/fruit juices!
smelly

Postby kittycat » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:13 am

I cut down on the cranberry when I thought it was giving me heartburn, but it might have been the vodka! I'm going to take cranberry caps, tho I'm starting to feel like maracas, and soon there won't be enough hours in the day to space all these sups out. :roll: Kx
kittycat

PreviousNext

Return to getting diagnosed