help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

TMAU Results First and Second Test

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:40 am

I wondered if anyone else has had a result similar to this:-
TMA 31.4
TMA n Oxide 54.3
TMA/TMA n Oxide 0.58
These are the results of my first test, I have never seem anyone elses results of TMA/TMA n Oxide over 0.20.
I fear that I may have severe TMAU with 0.58 rather than mild to moderate.
I am awaiting the results of my second test, but Dr Manning is currently on leave so cannot get any advice from him at the moment
SmellyKelly2

Re: TMAU Results First and Second Test

Postby PoetFire » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi Kelly. The ratio does sound a bit high but I wouldn't go on one urine test result alone. I have heard of higher ratios. Ideally, I think urine testing should be done a few times, to see if it's a pattern. Something like menstruation is known to make the ratio increase in some women. Quite often people get positive urine results and then negative DNA results, which doesn't quite make sense. You say it started at 18, which would seem late for someone meant to a 'severe' genetic case. Your TMA result is also quite far from normal too, so that could be brought down quite a bit I hope. The lady on Embarrassing Bodies got her TMA reading down from 45 to 15 in between 2 testings.
PoetFire

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks for your post Poetfire, I now feel reassured that it may not be too bad.
I will speck to Nigel Manning next Monday and let you know what he says.
I originally thought that being it started when I was 18 it was unlikely to be primary TMAU.
However, I have read quite a bit of information on the internet, it says that you use FM01 from being a baby, then as an adult it switches to FM03.
SmellyKelly2

Postby PoetFire » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:06 pm

It might be primary TMAU but the fact you got to 18 without problems bodes well. I was 0.23 for the ratio and had a problem much younger. There's a lot of unanswered questions with this problem.
PoetFire

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:47 pm

Had some possibly good news my gene test came back negative (does not rule out every mutation).
So might be TMAU2.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:59 pm

Just got my third test results:-
TMA 9.7
TMA n Oxide 38.8
TMA/TMA n Oxide 0.25
This was after following 3 months of lots of rice and veg, before I had slip ups with feta cheese and alcohol on holiday.

So some good news. Still going to be naughtly with the xmas food, then back to the protocol.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby lyndsey » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:12 am

Hi SK

Thats great news SK Im sure that gives you incentive to keep going. Hope you enjoy xmas dinner.

Lynsdey x
lyndsey

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks Lyndsey.
I am really glad that I am moving forward even if along way off no odour at all.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Postby kittycat » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi sk
So glad your results are improved.....I was thinking, when you said you used to be in audit, couldn't you start your own business working from home. Small businesses used to use home book-keepers, now it must be computerized. You must have so much knowledge about tax/employment law/payroll etc....It would keep your hand in, while you get better, and your confidence back. Sorry if I'm talking rubbish, I only lasted six months in an employment agency and then wnt off to be a Redcoat! Hi de hi...kittyx
kittycat

Postby SmellyKelly2 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi Kittycat
Although I say I have no job I have recently started working for my uncle helping him run his business and doing the bookkeeping which is great (but do not see it as a proper job as just helping him out). As part of this I now have Quickbooks on my PC and I am qualified in accountancy, but plan to do further studying in this area.
So bookkeeping from home is something I would not rule out, its just that I was used to being paid by one employer and knowing in advance what my monthly wage would be.
Hope you have a great xmas.
SK
SmellyKelly2

Return to getting diagnosed