Doctor had never heard of this!

help with getting a diagnosis

Moderator: admin

Doctor had never heard of this!

Postby ellie » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:27 am

Hi,

I recently told my Doctor about my problem when eating fish. After eating a large piece of Cod...my "lady bits" smell of fish the day after. My doctor tested me for Bacterial Vaginosis which I have had before and knew I had not got.....as it is only when I eat Cod! She said it is not possible for me to smell of fish through eating fish.

I then looked on the net and saw Embarrassing bodies the other night on TV and am now more sure than ever that this is Fish odour syndrome.

Anyone else had trouble getting the Doctor to believe them?

Ellie.
ellie

Re: Doctor had never heard of this!

Postby bigvern » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:58 am

Hi Ellie,

If you read through the posts you will find most (if not all?) people on here had trouble convincing their doctor. :roll:

It took me years to get diagnosed...

Direct them to this website and especially the tmau - facts link which was written by a medical professional.

I am on of those who can't smell it on themselves and find out through other people commenting.

Ask to be referred for a test which is pretty straightforward, let us know how you go, good luck ;)
bigvern

Re: Doctor had never heard of this!

Postby ellie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Hiya,

Ok thank you. Mine only seems to be when I eat a large amount of fish so I have stopped eating it now which is a shame :(

Thanks for your help.

Ellie
ellie

Return to getting diagnosed