keep positive anyone want to talk ?

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Re: keep positive anyone want to talk ?

Postby Pebble » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:41 pm

I did an induction course for a new job a few months ago. I told the people running the course at the start that I had a metabolic stomach condition. The window was opened a couple of times and I took more pro-biotics than usual and only drank water to get me through. The lengths we have to go to sometimes is so hard. Other people can have tea and coffee breaks with biscuits and sandwiches whilst we sit there just hoping to get through the day :(
Pebble

Postby Lisa » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:55 pm

So feel for you both.

How about if you wrote out the basic facts down on paper, then hand out BS, that way you have explained your situation, it's up to your colleagues to react with some compassion then, and you will be able to feel more comfortable and relaxed?

That's what I have done/ would do in the future.

You keep going gal, you are doing well, in my thoughts. X
Lisa

Postby Pebble » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:37 pm

thanks Lisa for your kind thoughts and advice x
Pebble

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:08 am

Thankyou that's a great idea i will try that next week ,as i guy that was sat next too me moved his chair to the window and put his coat on ,you never know he may have tmau
beautifulsoul39

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:43 pm

So hard sometimes to stay positive my new neighbors had just come to there house to look around and i opened my back door to get some stuff in out of the rain and i heard them say real loud " god can you smell that even my house don't smell" and waited till i had come in and then shut their door i wanted to say hi but i kinda guessed they allready judged me oh well gonna have to start putting industrial air freshener outside lol maybe i should live in a submarine hahahaha
beautifulsoul39

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Haven't posted for a while as things been kinda hetic ,i had a workman visit to survey the work needing doing in my home and for the first time ever i was greeted by a very strong smell of fish i thought it may be me but it was literally so strong everytime he moved i smelt it the whole room had the odour but strange thing is it left with him and i could not smell it ? Maybe he had tmau who knows but now i know what that smell is like and its strong like really strong tuna fish just cooked,hes coming back to do more work in future be interesting if he has it
beautifulsoul39

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi everyone,few tips ok each week write a meal plan say breakfast,lunch ,tea for the week .ive just been shopping and spent roughly £45 that includes freezing extra portions i eat three meals a day ,i buy 2 chicken breasts and i straight away use them in a recipe ,fridge for tea next day and batch freeze the rest which is 3 portions ,2 pieces white bread a day ( i prefer gluten free) i freeze this too but its not great for sandwiches better toasted ,i only use digestive enzymes if ive had chicken or turkey otherwise no need ,stopped antibiotics altogether as only works for 2 weeks alternating and to be honest my gut wasent keen ,i occasionally treat myself to a curry and good sources tell me i reek all night till miday when it wears off so i go on curry lock down .
beautifulsoul39

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:21 am

My daughter is starting to show symptoms of tmau so ive decided after a chat with her were going to get her tested at hospital ,at the moment she is sharing my room whilst hers is being renovated ,people say other family members cant smell but i wake up and the whole room smells of pure fish ( we've ruled out infection ) etc anyway after a shower it goes away but her hair has to be washed aswell or it smells ,its so strong i know that because i put her sheets in washing machine and i can smell it even though the door is shut non bio crazily is the only ones found works as perfumed ones made the sheets smell worse , we've worked out its only after eating fish,cheese,etc i will keep you posted on the outcome but in going to ask they do correct transporting and collecting of sample aswell ,i beginning to wander if actually tmau type 1 not 2,as when my test was sent off it was just in a normal urine sample pot that you get anywhere,November is our appointment so just have to wait but in the meantime we haven't cut out that food until we get professional input
beautifulsoul39

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:07 pm

I recently read somewhere that manuka honey is good for body odour etc,so I thought I'd give it a go not keen on the taste or price, but will see if any good, also recently the old tmau smell was through the roof real sewage smell I haven't eaten anything different but I worked out it was the bottled water which was high in sulphite, I then looked into it more water high in sulphite or sulphate gives off a rotten egg smell and a lot of food is also high in sulphur which gives of same smell so I'm going to do low sulphur diet too, things that haven't helped are digestive enzymes so I may go back to encrypted pep oil for a bit they work short time
beautifulsoul39

Postby Lisa » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Hey Beautiful,

Where do you get your encrypted peppermint? Oil from, and how do you take it?
I've never tried it before.
Lisa

PreviousNext

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!