keep positive anyone want to talk ?

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

keep positive anyone want to talk ?

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:00 pm

:DHi I haven't posted on here for and to be honest my last post was a bit glum had my second test done today still bit high but its come back as possiblysecondary tmau had a little cry but figured I could wallow in selfpity or just find ways to do something ,I search constantly for new ideas and I've found tons recipes I asked my doctor for referall to dietician so will keep you posted if it helps ,things I've found help massively taking tablet form probiotics after each heavy meal and activated charcoal if I have to go somewhere with lots people I try not to use it all the time as can constipate you :/ anyway big hugs to anyone feeling rubbish tonight
beautifulsoul39

Re: keep positive anyone want to talk ?

Postby Maisie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi, what kind of probiotics are you taking? I've been struggling a bit with the smell for a while and don't feel my probiotics are working too well at the moment - I'd be interested to hear what works for you. Also, any new recipe ideas would be welcome!

Take care

Maisie x
Maisie

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi the probiotics are tablet form called digestion support plus from boots about £8 a box of 30 I've been taking them about a month after heavy main meals I find helps your food digest also I never drink with my dinner I know sounds strange but I have a drink either hour before or half hour afterwards ,a really good drink in morning is a lemon squeezed into boiled warm water ill try and write some recipes tonight :D as I found it so hard I searched everywhere when I see my dietician at hosp ill post what he says :D x
beautifulsoul39

Postby LJNLindsay » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:48 pm

I too have also been (recently) diagnosed with TMAU &, like others, my GP doesn't seem to know what to do with me. That said, she is going to refer me to a dietician so that's something, I guess.

Not sure if/when I'll begin the whole antibiotics/probiotics & supplements, etc.

It all feels pretty overwhelming.....

Linds x
"When No One Else Cares; My Dogs' Still Love Me"
LJNLindsay

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi hope it goes ok with your dietician,mine is 17 feb in kind of nervous as not sure what to expect and don't want to get my hopes up ,on a positive note ive found that if i have to go somewhere ie classroom time with my kids at school i take 3-4 charcoal tabs one hour before and ive worked out they work for about 2 hours but found out the hard way you cannot use these all the time as they make you bunged up ,oh and ditch the chewing gum no good for tmau it has soya in makes your breath worse excuse my writing im on phone and screen is way small ill post bk what hospital say etc keep your chin up your not alone also ive contacted a well known chef and asked him to take on challenge of doing a recipe book for us so will keep you posted on that im not giving up xxxx
beautifulsoul39

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi guys just waiting to see dietician feeling nervous hoping to get some help here kind of strange as really not sure what to expect waiting room is packed lol taken 4 charcoal tabs haha think i have a black tongue well ill post you what they say later xxxx
beautifulsoul39

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Well just met a lovely lady but had no idea what to suggest so printed me off the nhs sheets on it ,but im booking myself tickets with a gorgeous well known chef and theirs a meet and greet afterwards so i gonna ask him about recipes but that's not till november but ill keep posting stuff which helps which so far for me is hot lemon water ,charcoal tabs used in moderation lasts 2-3 hrs,probotics tablet form,keeping your bowel healthy i use micro enemas once in a while, no chewing gum really bad for tmau ditch it sugar free mints are ok but not too many,apples are good you can eat quite a lot ,raw carrots,raisins unsulphured ones,pineapple in small amounts ,rice krispies,rice milk ,plain crisps,beetroot x
beautifulsoul39

Postby LJNLindsay » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:12 am

I'm glad to hear that you've now seen the dietician. Do you see him/her again?

I'm still waiting for my referal, but no luck yet. Off to the docs tomorrow to get some antibiotics. Ugh.

Keep us posted on how you get on; especially with the chef later in the year. Good luck!

Linds x
"When No One Else Cares; My Dogs' Still Love Me"
LJNLindsay

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:43 pm

They gave me a discharge sheet that same day and said there's not really much else we can do the dietician told me to eat red meat for my anemia but its a defo no no for me and told me to google stuff ,i cant wait till November going to go hopefully with my daughter .I was offered antibiotics but haven't taken them although sometimes waunder if i should take them around my period,ive noticed a lot of posts on here are pretty old and not many people reply well ill keep posting on here anything i think is useful and if anyone wants to chat xx
beautifulsoul39

Postby beautifulsoul39 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Do not take Berocca tablets i have been taking them and couldn't understand why my tmau was really bad then i realised it has bit b6 in plus other no nos x
beautifulsoul39

Next

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!