Hi

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Hi

Postby Carrie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:50 am

Hi,

I am new to this site and think I have TMAU. I have been living with it for 20 years and it is just a terrible thing that I have never spoken to anyone about. At some stages of my life it has felt as though it was ruining everything. Reading the comments on here and realising that there are others going through the same thing has already made me feel a bit better.

My symptoms are intermittent, but I know I need to go to my doctor for a referral. I am so scared. I think I just need some encouragement from people who have gone through the same thing to pluck up the courage. I usually turn to my sister for emotional support, but in this instance I have even been too embarrassed to speak to her.

Carrie x
Carrie

Re: Hi

Postby idealist » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:07 am

Hello Carrie,

You should try and visit your doctor and ask for a referral you may not have tmau but nevertheless it would be good for you to know. This forum is a good bases for anyone that may or may not have tmau- lot's of ideas, experiences, support and information . I hope you post some up-dates of experience and of outcomes (if/when you see your Dr).

X
idealist

Re: Hi

Postby PoetFire » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi Carrie

Being in London I would suggest you ask your GP to refer you to Dr Robin Lachmann

http://www.uclh.nhs.uk/ourservices/serv ... /Home.aspx
PoetFire

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!