Jumping for Joy!!!

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Jumping for Joy!!!

Postby dodge1980 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 am

Hi All,

I am sure had anyone (other than my husband) watched me read my letter from the hospital last week, they would have thought I was bonkers. I jumped up and down shouting yes.

Anyone would think It was a letter informing me I had won the lottery or it was a negative result. But now for the first time in 20 years, I had an answer to my problem.

I have dealt with unkind or unthinking reactions for years. Now I can start to deal with the issue and the randomness of my stinky attacks.

Please don't think I am being irreverent to this problem but getting my positive result also gave me an epiphany. The smell that comes about me when I have an attack isn't my problem, it isn't because I am sick and it isn't because I am unclean, and if for the times that it happens people can't look past the smell to the nice and caring person that I am to them when im not in the midst of an attack then that is their issue not mine.

I will obviously try and reduce the symptoms where I can but if it can't be fixed then so be it. If I had a facial disfigurement (some people may argue I have but thats my normal face lol) or missing limb most people would be more sympathetic. Just because I smell bad sometimes doesn't make me a bad person.

Anyway hello everyone and I will return to this post in a few days when the happiness has worn off and someone else has made me feel like dooings and hopefully regain some of this fighting spirit.

x
dodge1980

Re: Jumping for Joy!!!

Postby bigvern » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:47 pm

toatlly get it - I was exactly the same
bigvern

Re: Jumping for Joy!!!

Postby LJNLindsay » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:14 pm

@ dodge1980

It's so reassuring to hear your positive reaction to your test results. It does give me some hope!

That said; I am, kind of, dreading the test results myself. well, that's if my GP EVER decides to take me seriously, & let me take the test.

In one respect I want the result to be *positive* as it would explain an awful lot. And it would be one-up on my GP who believes it is ALL in my head!

However, I'm dreading a positive result, too, as I just don't think I am, or would be, strong enough to deal with it for the rest of my life. I mean 'kudos' to those of you that have the fortitude to survive but, as I said, I just don't know how I would cope with the reality....

Does anyone else feel this way about a potential 'positive' result?

Lindsay
"When No One Else Cares; My Dogs' Still Love Me"
LJNLindsay

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!