Symptoms

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Symptoms

Postby Moniqua25 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:44 am

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with Secondary TMAU. I'm now being seen by a Genetics Metobolic doctor. The doctor knows a little less than I do, but she is doing her research and I'm very thankful for that. I've been trying for the last year to convince doctors that I have an odor that seems to be coming out when I exhale. I was told it was my perception and it wasn't really happening. I began to research on the Internet and I came across TMAU testing. I ordered the urine test and it came back positive for secondary.

I've been trying to find a list of symptoms other than fish odor but its been difficult because a lot of post are dating back a few years and I can't find anything recent. So I'll list my symptoms and hopefully get responses. Most of my symptom have come on in the last 14 months(2-8)....

1) Foul smell released in exhaled air. Comments from those around- what's that smell, it smells like poop, it smells like a sewer line busted, who passed gas...

2) Left hand has put off a fish odor 3 times.

3) Right armpit puts off stronger BO smell.

4) Smelly scalp of a verity of smells from cheesy, yeasty, wet dog, garbage, oily body, and sulfur.

5) Face is oily with a strong odor.

6) Excessive bloating, horrible smelling flatulence of rotten eggs.

7) Metallic taste in mouth never going away. It feels as if I have a chemical radiating from the roof of my mouth and edges of tongue.

8) Stomach issues coming on now

I know some of these are common with TMAU. I haven't really heard anything regarding the scalp and or a metallic taste in mouth? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Moniqua25

Re: Symptoms

Postby B.O.Sufferer » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:41 pm

I too have have that metallic taste in my mouth, haven't done a test yet but I'm sure I have it, have you used antibiotics before getting TMAU/symptoms? Some people say the metallic can be your kidneys not working properly.
B.O.Sufferer

Postby Jenny » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi,
I haven't been tested yet. I have a constant taste in my mouth that varies between faeces, food bin and metal. I think that most of the smell comes from my breath, although I have smelt it on my hands. I had digestive system problems for a long time, diagnosed eventually as gall stones. When my gall bladder was removed most of the symptoms continued. These got much worse earlier this year (flatulence, bloating,constipation, pain upper right, diarrhea, migraines, rash on my abdomen) and I had been diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. I became desperate and did a lot of research online. My doctor had never suggested it could be anything that I ate causing it. I decided to try a gluten free diet and within two days all of my digestive system problems went and the migraines became less frequent - except the smell and bad taste in my mouth. I've been tested for coeliac disease recently but as I had stopped eating gluten for 4 months before I was tested, the results were negative. I'm not prepared to go back on gluten again just to get a diagnosis! I really want to sort out the bad taste now and get some sort of normal life back again!
Jenny

Postby B.O.Sufferer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:39 pm

Hello, we seem to have similiar symtoms. You ever heard of FMT?
B.O.Sufferer

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!