Strenge condition

new to tmau.org.uk ?, say a big hello here.

Moderators: admin, bigvern

Strenge condition

Postby Kadama » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Am curious to know if my condition is different from others. When am alone, i do not perceive any smell, and the few times l do, very mild which i know would not offend anyone. When l get close to people, it is just hell. I won't be able to breath. I see people reacting to it, so l know what l smell is what they smell. Why don't l perceive that when am alone? I confided in two of my colleagues about this problem, two ve be very understanding, the third, i cant explain. Funny aspect though is, all three as far as am concerned lied to me, saying they ve never perceived any thing from me. Point to note: by one person, the smell seems one type, more than one, i get multiple smell, at this stage l leave the room. I do not make use of our staff common room for this reason. Am so confused, and keep asking my creator why i was made like this.
Kadama

Re: Strenge condition

Postby Weak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:01 am

As far as smelling it when your around people you should know that stress plays a key role in your smell. And you will more than likely smell worst when stressed out, so the fact that you aknowledge that you smell worst when your around people only serves to stress you out when your around people which forms a kind of infinite regress of stress > smell > stress > smell. Best thing you can do is buy an ipod and mp3 put it on and let the music distract your mind, which is what I do when I am around others that i am not directly interacting with.

If you can smell yourself at all then you should consider youself lucky, most people dont and that goes for me too, although some people can. Which is weird to me, because if your smelling all the time your nose adapts and smells less and less of said thing. Its like if you sprat alot of perfume in a room and sit in it, after 10min you wont be able to smell anything but if someone else walks into the room they will be able to smell hints of the perfume. But at the same time that could mean that at certain times your smell increases so much that you are able to smell it, the equivalent of spraying more of or a stronger smelling perfume in said room.

Yah people lie, i once knew alot of people that told me they didnt smell me or didnt think I smelled. She was the nicest person I even knew, but the fact of the matter was that I smelled, she probably just trained herself not to be disgusted by it. The same way you can then what someone is cooking smells bad while they have become accustom to the smell. Its less about lying and more about trying not to upset you, if they sad they did smell you it would, for them, be alot more trouble than them saying they didnt notice or dont smell it.

The smell does change over time, from fish to garbage to this to that. Proper diet and medication can help alleviate the smell, but it is expensive and isnt a definite cure. To my knowledge about 80% of people see a large reduction in smell and 20% of people are completely "cured".

I tend to leave god out of things like these, there are times where religion is quite helpful, then times where you start to blame god for your misfortunes which is pretty unfair when you think about it. In the universe we live in some people have to suffer, without pain you have nothing to compare happiness too, so technically in a universe where everyone is happy, no one is happy, like C.S lewis said "A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of what a straight line looks like". Im actually not sure what I am talking about anymore hahaha Just go through the diet and hopefully you'll be able to live a fuller happier life in the future.
Weak

Postby Kadama » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:20 am

Hi there Weak, i think you missed my point. Using perfume as u explained, if am used to the smell which is why l do not smell it when am alone, i should not smell it, be it alone or around people. As before, only when am around people l smell it. This is why when it began, l would assume it was the other person/persons especially as it wasn't around everyone. The smell is worse around some people and nothing at all when am around others. This is my dilemma. I believe if l could smell what l smell around people when am alone, i might have been able to see if what am trying at a particular time is helping. This is not about stress. If you blind fold me and take me to a place with no one in it. If some one comes in, l smell the person's presence even though l did not hear foot steps. If am at my desk and my colleague comes behind me unknown to me, l know immediately, cause l smell his/ her presence. Its strange, thats why am confused.
Kadama

Postby kittycat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi kadama... I've heard a lot of people complain of this.. some chemicals or purfumes seem to 'bring out' some people's odour.
One Tmau2 guy, who can detect his own odour very well, can't go near the coast because of that effect... Ozone maybe? kx
kittycat

Postby Kadama » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:17 pm

I do not know where l saw this info, but I read somewhere that ‘’black soap’’ helps to mask the smell. Well l went to an Afro shop and bought this soap named ‘’Dudu-Osun’’. I still smell, but one thing l can tell you is, it is reduced to only close contact. Before, while on the street, I could perceive the smell from someone 10 feet away. Lately only when am standing in close contact. Basically l will say it is masking the smell. Obviously some things don't work for every one, so if you do try it, it does not have to be the exact one l bought. Where l read it, l saw black soap, and when l got to the shop, l bought what l saw.
I tried starving myself for days before now, made no difference, put my self on a diet of just fruits, made no difference. So dieting will not work for me I suppose. It's been two weeks now, when its a month l will see how much difference l will notice.
Ingredients in the soap: Pure honey, shea butter, Osun(camwood), palmkernel oil, cocoa pod ash, palm bunch ash, aloe vera, lime juice, water and fragrance
Kadama

Return to new members, introductions & greetings !!